Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Day out North west
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Suggestions for a nice scenic walk (not too Long) and then go to a nice pub or cafe for a brew and something to eat. Within a hours drive. And not Blackpool.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

hours drive from where?

Lakes is the best bet for the NW

Esme
    Free Member

Errm, within an hour’s drive of where?

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Sorry, Darwen Lancs.

Esme
    Free Member

Well, the obvious places are Darwen Tower or Rivington. Are they too close?

Esme
    Free Member

There are some good suggestions on the AA website.
    For example, type in Lancaster then tick Walks (don’t bother with “Select difficulty”)
    As well as the route, it gives suggestions for refreshments, and a bit of local history or other information.

Have a nice day!

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://www.ingleboroughcave.co.uk/walks.htm

tons of places to eat in village

binners

If you’re in Darwen then look up. There’s a bloody big tower! Can ‘t miss it. Walk up to that. Cracking view from there. Then basically, choose a path. You can!t go wrong

You not taking bikes? Believe me, when you see some of the stuff round there, you’ll regret it. Some quality trails up here fella

binners

Oh…. And if your going for something to eat afterwards Mangiamo’s is good.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Binners with the exception of some quality biking in the Darwen Area and with the tower a 15 min slog up hill from our doorstep. Both Me and my missus are from quiet Areas of Bolton (Harwood and Dunscar originally) we can’t stand Darwen, we live in the town centre and want to take the oppurtunity to go for a nice walk somewhere. Be our first day off together in a month also.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Whole heartedly agree that Magiamos is bloody lovely. Well it used to be not been for 12 months. Ciao baby and San Marino pip it though I think..

martinhutch

Hutton Roof crags followed by a nice tea in Kirkby Lonsdale. Start from Hutton Roof village, Lovely easyish walking up and around the nature reserve, good views over to the Lakes and Dales, and a world away from the grimness that passes for scenery in Lancashire! 🙂

chudsy
    Free Member

Is Pendle worth a shout? It’s a bit grey at main but the sculpture trail is a nice little walk and quite a few places to have some lunch.

nbt

Head up to the FOrest of Bowland and CLitheroe area (including Pendle as above). Blody gorgeous.

RustySpanner

Wycoller is nice.
    Good caff and a sweetie shop.
    Lots of nice walks.

Singing Ringing Tree in Burnley then a walk to Towneley Park?
    Lovely place.

Heptonstall to Stoodley Pike? Nice pies at the caff in Heptonstall.
    Hardcastle Craggs as an alternative destination.

flashpaul
    Free Member

malham cove , great day out not sure where to eat though as I haven’t been for a while

Harry_the_Spider

Ingleton Falls.
    Pub in Kirkby Lonsdale.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Day out North west’ is closed to new replies.