Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Day off work, where to ride in central(ish) Scotland?
  • kevin1911

So I have tomorrow off work and reasonably free of family commitments. Was thinking of either going for a bike ride at glentress or inners, but seems they are both still snow/ice bound.

Was then thinking of going to snow factor at braehead to practice my arse – falling, but it seems really expensive now.

Any other ideas for how to spend a day being active in central Scotland. Preferably involving a bike (of the wheeled variety)

K

DickBarton

Ochils…

hainman
    Free Member

cathkin brae,good for a few hours fun…

kevin1911

Dick, got any gps files for the ochils? Very likely to get lost without one.

Cathkin braes has just gone to the top of the shortlist.

Diane
    Free Member

Inners aint too bad

br
    Free Member

Based on the ice/frost/snow we’re riding natural out of Peebles, save GT for ‘soft’ days.

cazum
    Free Member

do the ochils – dumyat then head over the norththird up round there and finish off in cambusbarron woods 🙂

kevin1911

Cazum, sounds brilliant. Isn’t dumyat a peat bog at the moment :'(

Diane
    Free Member

Oooo did Cambusbarron etc the other week – you’ll love it (Bit scary though )

cazum
    Free Member

not been up this week but its prob just the bit in the middle as normal! most of its quite hardened well bedded in track. done norththird last sunday was great again there will be quite boggy bits now and you might not want to attempt some of the staircases due to a combination of bog and steepness. cambo woods is a great finish to the day (just not the last big jump – a bit too big and much for my weight/140mm travel and bawz!!!lol)

househusband

Trossachs..? Would be stunning in this cold, clear weather. Glen Finglas from Brig o’Turk – or Ben Venue from Aberfoyle?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Day off work, where to ride in central(ish) Scotland?’ is closed to new replies.