• This topic has 48 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by hora.
Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Day nursery costs (calender month) – is this right?
  • Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Saints alive! I’m having my first child in March. There go my ideas of a new road bike next year.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Saints alive! I’m having my first child in March. There go my ideas of a new road bike next year.

j

I feel your pain, although it has less to do with my baby daughter and more to do with mortgaging myself into bankruptcy.

djglover
    Free Member

I pay £900 a month for 3 days a week and have twins, so currently £1800 a month outgoing

😯

andycs

It all depends on how much value you put on childcare. My wife and I childmind and charge £30 per day. We were graded outstanding on our last ofsted inspection. We attend numerous training courses (all in our own time) have a mountain of paperwork to complete, provide early years funded education to the same or in some cases a higher standard than nurserys. There are providers out there who are cheap, they are cheap for a reason. Just have a think what you are paid per day and if it is more than your childcare per day, ask yourself if your contribution to society you make with your job is more important than giving a child the best start in life that you can. I am not saying that we are better than you, just that we are in a position to help educate the next generation. Parents have to make a lifestyle choice, it’s tough, 2 wages and childcare or 1 wage and less treats.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I pay £900 a month for 3 days a week and have twins, so currently £1800 a month outgoing

How does that make any kind of financial sense??????? Can you earn enough to warrant that outlay? Or do you get most of it paid back in credits?

djglover
    Free Member

How does that make any kind of financial sense??????? Can you earn enough to warrant that outlay? Or do you get most of it paid back in credits?

It does go down after they are 2 years old to just under £1300. Both of us get childcare vouchers. so that is £200 quid back, so the NET will be £1100. In total we pay 3 months at £1800

My wife took 6 months sabatical after her 12 month maternity + accrued holiday as it would have been pretty marginal. She does earn a fair bit though thankfully, but still better for her to spend nearly 2 years off with the kids than have a net few hundered a month after child care

gravitysucks
    Free Member

Yep £340 a month here for two days a week.

I did try and float the idea of having a young swedish Au Pair come and live with us as I reckoned having the extra help around the house and baby sitting would be awesome.
    Can’t see it costing a shed load more than we were paying before the eldest started pre-school…. unless she charged for extra’s of course.
    Alas the missus was having none of it. Spoil sport.

rob2
    Free Member

We spunk nearly 1800 a month for our two. That’s a nice new frame, wheels and forks a month!

And then I’m told I’ll lose my child benefit! 😐

hora
    Free Member

I did try and float the idea of having a young swedish Au Pair come and live with us as I reckoned having the extra help around the house and baby sitting would be awesome

I asked if the sister in law could move in or a chinese/japanese overseas student and I didn’t receive a reply. She knows what I was angling at…

…lots of ‘oops I’ve just popped out of the shower’ and ‘I was only cuddling the au pair/sister dear’

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Day nursery costs (calender month) – is this right?’ is closed to new replies.