Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Day bag recommendations?
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I have a few days walking in Snowdonia coming up. We are doing 30 mile loops each day then returning to campsite so I don’t need to carry too much. Food, drink, DSLR and lenses, waterproofs, maps.

I see myself doing quite a bit of this over the next few years so don’t mind spending a bit on a decent bag. Any ideas?

BB

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Oooh…interested here too 🙂

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

Then pull up a chair my friend.

BB

jonb
    Free Member

Do you mean drybags to go in rucksacks or a dry rucksack.

I can;t recommend a dry rucksack although I’m aware orlieb and alpkit make them.

As for drybags, the worlds your oyster. I’ve had good experience with outdoor research, alpkit, ortlieb and exped. Light weight ones aren’t that strong you drag them around but good insode a bag. Used them loads for kayaking of various sorts.

Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I do have an Alpkit Gourdan 20l dry bag but was thinking of a rucksack that is a little bigger.

BB

Cletus

Given that you will probably need to carry something to drink I would take a look at Camelbak’s Hike/Alpine range

http://www.camelbak.com/Sports-Recreation/Packs.aspx

The Rim Runner looks just the ticket and users seem to like them.

http://www.trailspace.com/gear/camelbak/rim-runner/

Less than £40 from Go Outdoor if you have a card

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/rimrunner-p151779

And if your local store has stock – nearest to me is lugerburooga

valleydaddy
    Free Member

The best bet is find a rucksack that suits you go to a shop and try a few on and then just use some drybags from Alpkit etc inside it to protect your camera etc

mieszko
    Free Member

Field and Trek has a sale on Deuter packs. I had a Futura 32 but the air flow back was wasting a lot of space inside and it was a bit too short for me at 5’10. Now have a ACT Trail 32 and it’s perfect. Many pockets, well thought out design, usable on the bike as well. Very comfy back and harness with extra zip in the middle so You can get inside easier. It has a integrated rain cover which works very well.

I can also recommend an Osprey Kestrel. I had a 38 and it was huuuge. The 28L version looks like a typical 30-32L rucksack. Good harness, comfy and well thought out. Integrated rain cover but Deuter has more pockets so I can organise stuff better.

I borrowed my friends TNF Terra 30 once for a trip and although TNF gear is not the STW favourite brand choice the rucksack was very well made and really comfy.

After trying different models I think my current Deuter ACT Trail 32 is the best, it would be perfect if it would have a zipped divider in the main chamber like the Futura 32 did.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Day bag recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.