Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Davos Enduro2
  • djnj
    Free Member

So its back on with someone else running it!! 😀

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Yes, it would appear Bike Academy Davos GmbH have offered to run this (https://www.bike-academy.ch/), although it’s not clear how committed they are. It might still depend on how many of the original entrants still want to take part. The email yesterday asked entrants to agree that their details are provided to the new event organisers – so I’m not sure what happens if people decide not to have their details transferred.

I’m in two minds about whether a full refund should be offered or not. If they choose not to offer a refund (all that’s happened is there’s a new event organiser, so why should they offer refunds ?) then in theory, as everyone’s already paid, there shouldn’t be any financial reason for the event not to go ahead – which is what I want, especially as I’ve already paid for flights etc. However, people have been put off by this affair, and will have good reason not to trust that it’ll definitely be going ahead, and commit to things like paying for travel/accommodation.

I’m assuming as this was never cancelled in the first place, no-one will have been able to claim on their travel insurance. So hopefully everyone will still turn up, the atmosphere will gradually pick up, and it’ll be a fun event.

djnj
    Free Member

Just glad it seems to be getting somewhere now, me and 7 mates have hired a massive camper to make abit of a road trip out of it and it was turning into a nightmare as time went on and no info available

timbud
    Free Member

The guys at bike academy were always going to be involved in some way (originally just in man power and a vast local knowledge), so they should be pretty capable of pulling it off.
    Most of the hard organising work has already been done so it should just be a case of running it on the day.
    Depends who they ask to help I guess.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Davos Enduro2’ is closed to new replies.