Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Davos Enduro
  • dexter
    Free Member

So would I be right in thinking after receiving a glossy but positive email from Bike academy Davos that its back on? Did any body else receive anything or had most folk bailed after the liquidators letters had been issued?

miiiisterp
    Free Member

We (4 of us) are still going and know of others that are to. We had planned to just ride if the race wasn’t on as had already booked flights and accom. Hopefully others had the same ideas / plans.

Can. Not. Wait !

jekkyl

wallop

What’s the riding like in Davos? As a potential stop on our road trip next year, the website shows a bit of promise.

big_scot_nanny

The riding is epic, new trail crew stuff is sublime. And massive.

wallop

Sa-weeeeeet!!!1

jambalaya
    Free Member

Slight hijack. Wallop another poster here had recommended some Klosters riding and a bike friendly hotel too, will dig out the thread

An old favourite mtb edit, from that region I think

[video]http://youtu.be/XA4nUoJU1lg[/video]

wallop

Looks pretty nice – thanks for posting!

jambalaya
    Free Member

It was munrobiker how could I forget (he of the annual year in the mountains mega threads)

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/davos-klosters#post-8231734

I think as its the German speaking part and a longer drive it gets less coverage than French Alps or say Verbier. My interest was perked as I did a few ski holidays in Arosa and plenty of ski touring options link up with mountain railway etc and it gets the brain working about bikes. Lenzerheide is of course more on “the map” now too. STW did a Swiss road trip piece a few years ago also starting in Arosa (not that bike friendly as bikes not allowed on main “to the top” lift – may have changed)

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP the thread I linked to is worth reading imho

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Little gem in Klosters – just fond the corner. There’s some good singletrack riding in the area too. Pick up a map & follow your nose!

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DGlmmndVkVg[/video]

dexter
    Free Member

Cheers Guys, miiiisterpdo would you mind me asking who you are flying with, and presumably its to Zurich? The cheap as chips crowd don`t seem to offer much service from Manchester.
    Thanks in advance.

DiscJockey
    Free Member

Yep – glad it’s happening as I really didn’t want all the faff over trying to claim back flights/hotel – and of course I expect the riding to be great !

Dexter, my Swiss Air return flight direct from Manchester to Zurich was about £230 with bike. Not budget, but not extortionate either.

wallop

You get free grub on Swiss, too! 😆

scaled
    Free Member

Not long now.

Leaving tomorrow night for the epic drive, I’ve got proper pre-race I’ve not packed anything at all jitters

miiiisterp
    Free Member

Anyone thinking or doing Enduro2 this year ?

scaled
    Free Member

I’m not this year but 4 of the lads are off to Les Arc again. Bit gutted to be missing it but (new) life is getting in the way 😀

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Davos Enduro’ is closed to new replies.