• This topic has 53 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by rob2.
Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • David Walliams Swim!!
  • cheez0
    Free Member

Thanks for the donation wrightyson!

I’ll hopefully have a few pics to post up in a coupla days.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-14878646

Rather conveniently, I was crossing the bridge at the time and saw him heading in. Luckily for him, wind and tide were both the same way, so he was making good speed.

Well done that man!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

The amount of sewage that’s supposed to have poured into the Thames this week i’m surprised he couldn’t walk all the way to Westminster!

Well done that man.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

+1. Good effort. Swimming in the Thames, particularly in London, is really quite grim..

wrightyson
    Free Member

Great effort. Not heard the radio today so not heard what his money total was up to.

warton
    Free Member

well done to him, but one little point. he didn’t actually swim the length of the thames did he?

Merchant-Banker
    Free Member

Your right warton he only swam 143 miles of it, what a cop out 🙄

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Well done to him. An effort truly worthy of respect and admiration. Top man.

warton
    Free Member

Your right warton he only swam 143 miles of it, what a cop out

Truly incredible effort, and he deserves massive respect for doing it. But all the hype around it was ‘David Walliams swims the length of the Thames’ and he hasn’t. Just saying. FWIW the Thames is 215 miles long.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

Maybe they’re considering the length of the inland Thames rather than the coastal Thames? Cos the coast of Britain extends right up into central London.

Maybe. I dunno. What I do know is that he’s done something that’s a colossal achievement, one I don’t think I could ever replicate, and raised shedloads of money for good causes.

He’s a forking legend, is David.

KT1973
    Free Member

Apparantly with all the sewage in the river he couldn’t swim with the correct technique.
    He was just going through the motions….. 😯

joemarshall
    Free Member

Lewis Pugh did the whole length (including running the stream from the source to where it is swimming depth) down to Southend. He said that it was jolly hard and he’s a very very experienced distance swimmer who’s done loads of big ocean swims. I imagine that means that the whole thing is incredibly hard, so I think you have to have an awful lot of respect for Walliams even for doing the 140 miles of his route.

I dunno – I find that a mile or two of proper cold water is tiring enough, let along back to back days of >10 mile days.

Northwind

HAve to say I’ve always thought he’s a right fud, but hats off to him for this, pretty hardcore.

rob2
    Free Member

The overflow issues are only in the London end of the Thames.

Not an easy problem to solve as a) there’s limited space to build the infrastructure needed b) whatever is done must be affordable

There is a solution though – the first part of it will be complete by 2015 and will get rid of most of the problem an the second part likely to be constructed in the next 8-10yrs.

🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘David Walliams Swim!!’ is closed to new replies.