Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • David Millars Hat
  • brassneck

Millar or Liggett & Sherwen. Hmm…. a difficult decision in this sport of professional cycling.

(Actually just enjoying the change myself, nothing against L&S personally)

g5604
    Free Member

He has a pretty huge ego, that it very clear after reading his book. He never takes responsibility for his drug taking or tax avoidance. That said, he is bloody good at commentary, provides a lot more insight than the eurosport bollocks.

scholarsgate
    Free Member

sounds like it should be a twitter account if it isn’t already

eddie11
    Free Member

He has a pretty huge ego, that it very clear after reading his book.

I’ve always had a soft spot for millar as the last of the british riders who came through when cycling was niche pre wiggomania. I read his first book and warmed to him even more but the latest one ‘the racer'(?) is about him grinding various axes about how his career wound down and he does come across as aoneone who needs a take a look at himself a good few times in it.

Rockape63
    Free Member

Liggett & Sherwen

Not being a roadie, I am surprisingly into le TDF and have been watching the race via ITV4 for years now. I can’t recall exactly how long this has been going on for…maybe ten years or more now, but Phil L was there all along and I miss his commentary. 🙁

*Just checked and ITV4 took over coverage from C4 in 2002.*

MrSparkle

Maybe Millermind was having a bad hair day. Perish the thought…

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Phil Liggett was Chief Denier for LA, both Waldorf and Statler were part of his army, and for the last 20 years they’ve just dribbled clichés (and rider names from a previous era) and Millar+Boulting are leagues better.

The biggest hat crimes are the riders interviewed wearing baseball caps in corporate colours. At least Di Data and Cav wear proper cycling caps.

neilforrow

hat said, he is bloody good at commentary, provides a lot more insight than the eurosport bollocks.

+1 I like his style and the notes re body language and style is good conjecture. As for his past; it’s in the past, let the man get on.

also

but Phil L was there all along and I miss his commentary.

+1

OT – Ned is good, but I hate the constant open ended questions he asks ‘what if this, what if that…??…’ Having said that I think they make a good team.

The best coverage by far.

I also wish they would play the (Roman) ‘Bardet Bardet, a what la Bardet, gwarn’ song again. Inspired choice that last year.

for ref:

[video]https://youtu.be/YS-6_J7snKw[/video]

cyclingweakly
    Free Member

I can live with his hats, I can live with his commentary. But his ****ttish silly-voiced monologues really make my toes curl…

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Like I said, I like him. Appreciate his insight into professional cycling. Prepared to let bygones be bygones.

But that god-damn Millar Report monologue is really a quite desperate piece of toe-curling filler for the rest day coverage. If he had any sort of self-awareness, he’d realise how arse-clenching it is and not appear to take it oh-so-seriously.

When, during the week 1 edition, he tangentially associated the Omaha Beach suffering of WW2 with that of a cycle race… I was lost for…

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘David Millars Hat’ is closed to new replies.