• This topic has 34 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by aP.
Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • David Millar – 3 Days of De Panne, Time Trial stats
  • mudshark
    Free Member

Don't think that this has been posted – I think QI….

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/29213573

Jerome
    Free Member

Spin to win..
    Only slightly impressive..

phoenixfromtheflame
    Free Member

Is just under 19 minutes for just over 9 miles all that impressive?

Obree was doing better than that 20yrs ago.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

The ave Watts is v impressive, time not that impressive, dont know the weather/road conditions though, he was also proabbly shagged as it was the last day of a stage race.

He would still beat ever one on here though in a RR or TT. 8)

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Obree would have done his fast 10 times on a straight out and back flat british TT course. I'm not saying Graeme was slow but Millar's race had about 10 90 or 180 deg turns. Very impressive time

matt_bl
    Free Member

David Millar's winning time trial in the final stage of 3 days of De Panne that grabbed him both the stage and overall race victory.

Pretty much says it all. Impressive enough to win a professional road-race, but I guess it'll never be enough for some 🙄

rOcKeTdOg

Is this with or without pharmacutical help? Only Dave "the cheat" millar knows

warton
    Free Member

EDIT : not sure f that last comment about millar actually helping to start the grarmin team is totally true, so I'll take it down!

he has done a lot to redefine dopping controls (for the better!)

glenp
    Free Member

I think he can hold his head high on doping – the guy confessed and did a hell of a lot of soul searching. He is clean, for sure.

woody2000

I like David Millar, he's got passion and a good arm!

Barelyincontrol
    Free Member

rocketdog – he got caught, he served his ban and he has learned his lesson. He lost his world title and all his winnings so as a pro cyclist his income. If he wasn't clean now nobody would touch him with a barge pole, and winning is one clear way to get yourself tested. Give him a break.

aP
    Free Member

Yeah, I reckon that an average power of 474W with a peak of 1,013W isn't much to write home about.
    He looked very gaunt last Sunday – we didn't recognise him.

dickydutch

aP – is that sarcastic? I was thinking it was pretty impressive!
    My sarcasm detector is not upto its normal standards today.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

he's putting out enough power to seriously deform his chainrings 😆

tinsy
    Free Member

Well I like his socks.. 🙂

Marge
    Free Member

Weather conditions were also sh*te on that day.
    It was a very good win from David I thought.
    He still looked a bit tired on Sunday though. Shame he couldn't make the jump across to Boney & Cancellara.

Jerome
    Free Member

His bike looks far too small for him ..

aP
    Free Member

Sorry, I thought it was sufficiently arch not to require a rolling eyes smiley. He'd obviously just blown as Gilbert had gone charging up the hill about 10 seconds ahead of him, Cancellara really socked it to Boonen – there were some very glum Belgians in Gerardsbergen afterwards.

pjt201
    Free Member

millar, wiggins and armstrong all rock the calf length black socks.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

Yeah his bike looks like a BMX in road terms.

Marge
    Free Member

That's a great photo aP. Just milisconds before he dropped the gloom bomb on Flanders…. 😥

How far up the hill are you? On the Tv it was hard to see who was leading / accelerating as they only filmed do wn the hill.

aP
    Free Member

Marge – thanks 😳 (blushes)
    We were just after the right hand bend (with the steps up to the top) just before the steep section on the left hand bend (if that makes any sense)
    Oh, and ladies too!

Marge
    Free Member

So you were on the section before it gets really steep. Thats why Boney looks comfortable still. I know where you mean. (last bit where you can drive a car to)

On the Saturday I sheltered on the back wheel of a couple of young ladies between Ten Bosse & Geraardsbergen. They were holding a pretty decent tempo >30kph too so it was a great place to wheel suck.

aP
    Free Member

Not those twins in blue was it?
    I went through a set of brake blocks on Saturday, now replaced ready for the HOTN ride out from Highgate on Sunday.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Marge – Member
    Weather conditions were also sh*te on that day.
    Shame he couldn't make the jump across to Boney & Cancellara.

Not in a month of Sundays, Fab puts out more watts from one leg than both Millars. 😕

Marge
    Free Member

Missed the twins!!! (got another foto? 🙂 )

I'll probably be back on the Paterberg Saturday though hopefully in the dry.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

think he can hold his head high on doping – the guy confessed and did a hell of a lot of soul searching. He is clean, for sure.

he confessed after he was caught.

mudshark
    Free Member

Plenty didn't.

aP
    Free Member

Well, he'd kept a vial of Aranesp on his mantelpiece so he wasn't doing a particularly good job of hiding the evidence, particularly as he never tested positive (that sounds familiar…)

mildred

On that picture above the bike looks too small – he looks like a great Dane shagging a football.

rOcKeTdOg

i used to be a big fan of Millar, i got to meet him before his fist Tour and wished him good luck and he got to wear the yellow jersey! but he cheated,who knows if that first tour was under the influence too? a 2 year ban or any tempory ban for any cheating sports person isn't enough in my book, lifetime ban is the only way, so no i can't give him a break, i'll always have doubts about his cleanliness now

whosthedaddy
    Free Member

What a load of pish.

rOcKeTdOg

njee20
    Free Member

How much does he weigh? 474W seems pretty awesome to me! My peak 5 minutes on any given ride is generally lower than that, peak 20 minutes is far lower. Admittedly I've not done any TTs with a PowerTap yet, but even so.

aP
    Free Member

By the looks of him, David weighs less than he did last year – I guess that Jonathan has been persuading him to Bradley it up this year.
    I'm always amused by the williwavers on here – dissing Millar not for winning a TT stage of a 3 day race, but for not doing more to win it more betterer.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘David Millar – 3 Days of De Panne, Time Trial stats’ is closed to new replies.