Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • David Mellor rant!
  • athgray
    Free Member

Have we done this yet?
    http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-30188899

Don’t get a feeling for the argument based on a transcript, or what went before, however he has always come across as an arrogant p***k when I have seen him on the TV.

binners

Do we not all list our many glorious achievements whenever we get into an altercation?

Binners (All England Pasty Chomping Champion 2008-2013)

IHN

Obnoxious man is obnoxious.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    RaveyDavey
    Free Member

All he was doing was telling one of the plebs to know his place.

peterfile
    Free Member

To be fair to him, although the rant was distasteful, he has actually had a pretty busy and varied career.

Peterfile – Rotary Club sewing prize 1996 (seriously).

McHamish
    Free Member

Based on what I’ve read it’s impossible to know why he lost his temper.

The pessimist in me wonders if the driver had his phone ready to record and wound him up to get a reaction, then pressed record.

chambord
    Free Member

You’ve been driving a cab for 10 years? I have been in the cabinet, I am an award-winning broadcaster, I’m a Queen’s Counsel, you think your experiences are anything compared to mine? Just shut up.

10/10 for the rant

chambord – won most improved effort award in year 9

athgray
    Free Member

I did wonder that to McHamish. I found it funny though that Mellor thought he would go public to outsmart a “lowly” cabbie, but got beaten to the punch.

scotlandthedave
    Free Member

Peterfile – Rotary Club sewing prize 1996 (seriously).

ever tried making a BIAB bag PF? 😀

edit – 4 minors on my driving test.

They were all on the pavement so it was easy #boomtish

konabunny
    Free Member

hard to judge: on one hand, Mellor is certainly a smug Thatcher era cabinet minister. on the other hand, cab driver could be one of those painful Wockney Canker types that won’t stfu and spoils your whole post-lunch glow with their jabbering; the fact he had the phone recording is a bit sus too.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

They should’ve taken Lady Penelope’s car

jimw
    Free Member

As has been written elsewhere, mellor has shown he can be pretty obnoxious, but the person to feel sorry for is his partner who was caught in the crossfire.

Cycling Proficiency Certificate 1972 (failed)

Junkyard
    Free Member

I have been in the cabinet, I am an award-winning broadcaster, I’m a Queen’s Counsel, you think your experiences are anything compared to mine? Just shut up.

I have never been on the front page of the sun caught with my pants down would have been my reply tbh

JY junior regional chess champion

binners

I’m more concerned about what this says about the sorry decline of our once great nation.

What the blazes is it coming too when a former cabinet minister, award-winning broadcaster, and Queen’s Counsel, and his fragrant wife Lady Cobham, having been presented with her CBE have to rely on a common taxi to transport them?

Surely if this nation of ours possessed the deference and respect we should be according such hallowed and esteemed persons, they should be carried through the streets in a golden sudan chair, as crowds of grateful peasants doff their caps and cheer their appreciation?

martinhutch

Golden Sudan Chair? Sounds a bit foreign to me.

ac282

He’s an idiot. Its not even a good argument. Which of those achievements qualifies him to navigate through London in congested traffic?

jon1973
    Free Member

GrahamS

“The couple wanted to go five miles to St Katharine Docks, east London, and were charged £29, the paper said.”

WTF? £29 for five miles???

central London

Ah!

** makes a note in his “Reasons Never To Live In That London” book **

binners

Just to provide a bit of balance, monstrous self-agrandising arrogance isn’t exclusively a tory trait. Exhibit 1, yer honour… Keith Vaz

Binners (recently played a scrabble word, on a triple word score, of over 50 points!)

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

He seems like a bit of a cockwomble.

TW – Unemployed boorish sub-mensa tit :D, general malcontent and the holder of a sub-first degree from a/the University of Mediocrity. I also once saved a filipino village from a horde of marauding fire ants. Beat that David Mellor.

66deg
    Free Member

66deg,Slyne with Hest village fete wellie chucking champion 1981. 8)

MrWoppit
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjbuTckpcDI[/video]

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Is this news?

Tory has arguement with taxi driver.

If they were fighting with chainsaws I still won’t care who won. who could you cheer for?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

The driver passed the recording to the tabloid newspaper.

Which gives some credence to the claim by Mellor that he was provoked. No doubt the cab driver was given some financial reward for supplying the Sun with a story.

As Tories go I’ve always quite liked Mellor, he was certainly one of the least obnoxious of the Tory politicians in Thatcher’s governments.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Didn’t he wear a Chelsea strip while porking some 18 year old? (girl)

peterfile – Member

To be fair to him, although the rant was distasteful, he has actually had a pretty busy and varied career.

So have I, he’s even more of a bell end than me tho.

birky
    Free Member

The pessimist in me wonders if the driver had his phone ready to record and wound him up to get a reaction, then pressed record.

This.
    He’s still a tit though.

ninfan
    Free Member

£29 for five miles 😯

Should have downloaded uber…

(Ninfan, artwork featured on tony harts gallery, 1982)

lemonysam
    Free Member

He may be an arse but if Kelvin Mackenzie’s wading in against him then I’m duty bound to take his side.

/Won an inflatable banana in a poetry competition when I was 8.

surfer
    Free Member

He has gone up in my estimation! Top rant 🙂

Surfer: Lincs 10,000m champion!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Didn’t he wear a Chelsea strip while porking some 18 year old? (girl)

I think that story was proven to have been invented by Max Clifford

Mellor deserves all the stick he is getting for this, very obnoxious.

mefty
    Free Member

I saw him in a restaurant once, the extraordinary thing is that he is photogenic.

cynic-al
    Free Member

mefty – Member

I saw him in a restaurant once, the extraordinary thing is that he is photogenic.

My word, he looks worse in real life?

jambalaya – Member

I think that story was proven to have been invented by Max Clifford

Shit on shit, eh?

mefty
    Free Member

My word, he looks worse in real life?

Yep, but this is obviously not a good reason to think poorly of him, but I did find it extraordinary.

konabunny
    Free Member

(Ninfan, artwork featured on tony harts gallery, 1982)

you were 34 at the time, though!

maccruiskeen

As Tories go I’ve always quite liked Mellor, he was certainly one of the least obnoxious of the Tory politicians in Thatcher’s governments.

Thats like declaring the least worst strain of herpes as your favourite. 🙂

Mac.
    Described in almost all of his school reports as ‘a bit of a dark horse’.

weare138
    Free Member

Even more twuntable now…I know that there London better than you – **** koff. Merde.

DezB
    Free Member

Don’t care about some rant at a conning taxi driver, but how has that man got a wife? His face appeared on TV while I was eating and it put me right off my food.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

A man who is so obnoxious that other MPs noticed?

SOG, RHS General Cert in Horticulture

Now we see the violence snobbery inherant in the system!
    TWDS BSC (bronze swimming certificate)

jambalaya
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘David Mellor rant!’ is closed to new replies.