Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Dave MacLeod or Leo Houlding?
  • nedrapier

Both speaking on the same night in November, at opposite ends of London.

I’m expecting Leo’s to be wowwier with more “amazing!!!” and pretty pictures, and Dave’s to be more intellectually interesting – psychology of risk, mental game etc.

Tough call…

epicyclo

MacLeod any day. 🙂

timidwheeler

Holding.

chewkw
    Free Member

Who?

stevious

For me, Houlding’s more of a showman and his natural arrogance does make for a good talk, but Macleod’s achievements are more interesting and I prefer his manner of presentation.

I’d go for Macleod because he’ll make better use of the money.

piemonster

Macleod

nedrapier

MacLeod was booked a month ago, got an email flyer today from Union Chapel with the Houlding talk on it, checked the MacLeod tickets…

Don’t these people talk?!

Happy to stick with Dave.

BadlyWiredDog

I’ve seen them both talk in the past and I think you’ve probably go it about right. Don’t assume Leo’s not bright though, if you get a chance to talk to him, you’ll find he’s got quite a sharp mind, but he doesn’t go in for introspection in the same way as Dave Macleod and I’d say he was more confident than arrogant, which sounds a bit off.

ianv
    Free Member

Save your money and wait for Adam Ondra.

nedrapier

if you get a chance to talk to him, you’ll find he’s got quite a sharp mind

I don’t doubt that for a second. I imagine it’s like talking to a firework!

While we’ve got climbers on, here’s something you should read if you haven’t already: Ueli Steck – Annapurna South Face Solo – 28 Hours

athgray
    Free Member

I saw Dave Mcleod practicing on the bouldering wall at Kinlochleven once. He is bloody good and very unassuming.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Dave MacLeod or Leo Houlding?’ is closed to new replies.