Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Dave Lee Travis…Guilty!
  • Peyote
    Free Member

hold on – are you saying that men are hard done by or the opposite?

The opposite, as Emsz says.

Just to clarify though, I think the law, as it is written, is pretty clear on equality and the need to treat people equally. I don’t think those responsible for enforcing and upholding the law (enforcement authorities and judiciary) work to such a high standard. It’s why sexual assault, rape et al have such low reporting, and subsequently conviction rates. Society doesn’t care enough.

hora
    Free Member

Really? Cos I’ve been cat called, had my breasts touched up, and my bum. In clubs bars on the bus, walking down the street you name it. casual sexism is alive and well. Thing is this bloke refused to admit that what he did was wrong, and equality starts with showing people that even after 20 years you’re still going to be punished for it.

+1. I thought I was in an alternative reality on this topic until you posted that.

The oooo I wouldn’t be too offended if a girl touched my crotch is abit 12yr old mentality.

wrecker
    Free Member

Free as a bird!

MoreCashThanDash

Free as a bird, sentenced in accordance with the guidelines for the crime he was convicted for, rather than the internet/media hoopla some people think he may have been guilty of.

Rockape63
    Free Member

good!

tpbiker
    Free Member

I think thats fair enough.

slowoldman

Well that was all in the public interest then.

avdave2

I remember being in a shop in Tottenham Court Road in the mid eighties when he walked in and being extremely rude and belittling to the staff in a very loud voice, all the time looking around to check people knew who he was. A thoroughly vile and obnoxious human being, I hope he can look forward to spending the rest of his life being held in the same contempt by everyone who meets him as he had for the rest of humanity.

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

Dlt by Alpine160, on Flickr

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Dave Lee Travis…Guilty!’ is closed to new replies.