Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Dave Hinde
  • Deveron53
    Free Member

I bought a pair of blue Hope Pro2 hubs in about 2009 from his ebay shop. I got blue rear, black front. Sent front back for exchange. Had to open paypal dispute before correct replacement hub arrived.

There are other retailers similar to his operation. Their names come up from time to time in these pages.

Some retailers are forwards-looking and develop their systems, websites, retailing procedures. BUT some still operate using the way they started online 10 years ago but haven’t upscaled to cope with the increased sales volume. Therefore the kind of ‘Dave Hinde’ shop exists – but only continues to exist because of ‘fresh meat’ coming onto the net and not knowing any better.

Having an oafish owner/manager is usually why these businesses go down the path of darkeness. I have inside knowledge (unfortunately!).

bigrich

terrible reputation for over 25 years? he’s got staying power.

julianwilson
    Free Member

londonerinoz – Member

A certain Dave Hind holds most of the Strava KOMs on the Kalamunda (mtb) Circuit here in Perth, Western Australia. I had idly fancied it could have been the man himself, but sadly there’s no e on the end.

*registers on Strava as Dave Hinde. Revs up moped. [i] 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    hora
    Free Member

A couple mentioned operate the same business model advertise the lowest deliver when their order to the distributor for that item arrives. Abit like lbs’ s who quote 2weeks to get in (but they are honest about it)

BrickMan

Occasionally when they can be arsed they build a good wheel.

But thats it, I’m not going to bore you with my personal experiences or people I know who have made the fatal mistake of using them, just avoid.

Others for the list..
    Foffa bikes
    Velodrome shop

eskay

PayPal dispute opened and refund now issued. You have to love PayPal!

Alternative parts ordered elsewhere and turned up next day.

Lesson learnt.

bazingaeuan
    Free Member

I’m currently on the end of bad customer services from these guys with a wheelset, I’ve had a couple of excuses (you never know they might be telling the truth). I paid over the phone by Visa Debit, a month ago! What’s the quickest and most straight forward way of getting a refund?

Jamie
    Free Member

Invoking the chargeback procedure

If you suspect your card has been used fraudulently, if the goods and services you bought with your card are faulty or if they do not materialise, then you should contact the bank who has provided you with your Visa debit card within 120 days, requesting they initiate the chargeback process. It does not mean you will automatically and immediately get your money back. It will initially become a ‘dispute’ in which the claim will be fully investigated by both banks before any money is returned.

Visa Debit Chargeback – The Facts

bazingaeuan
    Free Member

Cheers! Didn’t know about that. This is a handy link also Trading Standards

househusband
    Free Member

Thanks for that, Jamie; I’d always assumed that you only got that with credit cards – not debit.

bazingaeuan
    Free Member

Are you being treated like a piece of s&*t aswell househusband?

househusband
    Free Member

Are you being treated like a piece of s&*t aswell househusband?

No, not at all – I just wasn’t aware of that fact. I’ve always used the credit card for the added consumer protection it adds but it now appears that debit cards offer it too.

I’ve always known about Dave Hinde’s reputation and have only ever bought once from them; a bottom bracket so I didn’t think much could go wrong – and that was five years ago!

stratobiker
    Free Member

I actually went in their shop in Northwich one day (2001 ish)…and from that day forward, I was cured!!!
    I’d never give them a shit penny again!!!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I actually went in their shop in Northwich one day (2001 ish)…and from that day forward, I was cured!!!
    I’d never give them a shit penny again!!!

Ohh, do tell! It sounds like you’re holding back on the full facts there! 🙂

davehinde
    Free Member

I’ve always found them great, much better than Superstar, CRC etc.

I think those with problems are likely to be noobs who break stuff then cry about it on the internet

slowboydickie

I bought a wheelset that went out of true within 2 weeks. I was told I must have misused and I would have to pay postage to and from their shop to get them trued. I said I would get the LBS to do it and was told that would invalidate the warranty…:-)

I would rather build myself than buy anything from them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Heh…

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

davehinde – Member
    I think those with problems are likely to be noobs who break stuff then cry about it on the internet

Some sort of wind up, surely….?

bazingaeuan
    Free Member

davehinde – Member

The problem is the appalling customer service. Taking peoples money and not giving a monkeys. It’s criminal.

Superstar, CRC etc you place an order at 3pm and it’s with you 9am the following day.

stratobiker
    Free Member

@PeterPoddy – no big deal. I went in there to buy something. It was too hard. They were too busy to serve me, although I was the only one there in person. The whole experience was bad. I never went there again.

composite
    Free Member

PeterPoddy – Member

davehinde – Member

Some sort of wind up, surely….?

Look at his post history. 😆

bazingaeuan
    Free Member

Hah yup wind up merchant.

jim76
    Free Member

Some unbelievable feedback, but this one is my favourite…

I will never buy anything form this seller again, no replies to emails, poor.

Reply by number1bikebits (Jun-06-08 03:58):
    How can it be fair that a complete idiot can leave bad feedback?

jim76
    Free Member

Another cracker:

Dave Hinde = No.1 Cowboy in the cycling world -Total amatuer & con-man – BEWARE!

Reply by number1bikebits (May-21-07 01:21):
    We think this guy has an unusual obsession with the wild west. Weirdo Alert !

twistedpencil

@stratobiker – I did the same circa 1999, went in to look and possibly buy a new set of forks, empty shop, staff to busy to talk to me. Worked for two years in Northwich, went to Dave Hinde once, once was enough. **** awful experience. How are they still in business in the Internet age? Does no one use google before buying online?

Northwind

I’m not sure who I like less, Dave Hinde or Mark Anthony Bikes. Both total lying ****s. Dave Hinde at least is quite funny and takes a bit of pride in his lying ****ness.

mr_average
    Free Member

Dave Hinde taught me how to build wheels. Or, to put it another way, the wheels I bought from him were so bad I learnt how to rebuild them and have never used a shop to build or true any since.

Klunk
    Free Member

no stooge yet ?

spazzolino
    Free Member

I have to say reading this post has made me chuckle…. But seriously in this day and age how can you run a business in this way? Its a wonder he is still going. A google search of this Hinde fella brings up all kinds of worrying information. And those ebay responses?? WTF? I think this man seriously lacks any sort of business acumen.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

As long as folk buy on price and nothing else he will keep going.

If everyone had the sense to avoid him he would go nicely out of business and wander the streets of Northwich with a carrier bag, shouting random things. It would be a better world.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

This makes interesting reading…. Glad it’s still available really, so everyone can see what a twunt DH is (AKA Number One Bike Bits on eBay)

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=number1bikebits&Dirn=Received+by&ref=home

liquid1000
    Free Member

Popped in the other day, picked up cassette, chain and BB for an old Italian frame size that no other local bike shop had as usual great service and a great price! I have been buying stuff on and off for years never had an issue and the lads are always a good laugh! Can only speak from experience.

steve_b77
    Free Member

To be fair I agree with liquid up there, never had an issue and always get a good deal on prices.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Me too actually- I bought some wheels over winter that were miles cheaper than elsewhere and they were great, very helpful on the phone too.

Viewing 34 posts - 41 through 74 (of 74 total)

The topic ‘Dave Hinde’ is closed to new replies.