Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Dave Hinde Wheels
  • endurokid
    Free Member

Yay or nay?

I’m sure I remember a few bad reviews on here a while ago, any good as a wheel builder & customer service?

Cheers

Mantastic
    Free Member

I call troll

eskay

Steer clear.

endurokid
    Free Member

Cheers, thought that would be the response!

mulv1976
    Free Member

Oh no. Please not again!

haggis1978

A few??? Notoriously bad. Am sure I’ve even heard of him having a square go with a few customers. Goods not arriving etc etc. Do a search on here and see what comes up.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Just try searching for Dave Hinde. Look at the litany 9f vitriol against them. That vitriol is there for a good reason.

endurokid
    Free Member

Thanks all, I think I’ll be giving him a wide berth!!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I’ll build your wheels dude if you want a well built set save the trouble with hinde

theonlywayisup
    Free Member

endurokid – Member
    Thanks all, I think I’ll be giving him a wide berth!!

Phew. That could have gone badly wrong. Good decision.

nuke

My Mavic m231cd rims on Mavic hubs are still going strong…built by Hinde circa 1990 8)

Northwind

He’s supposed to be a good wheelbuilder. But he’s definitely a ****. Other good wheelbuilders are available so give your money to one that’s not a ****.

boxelder

Back in the day, his wheels were good. I’ve got 15 yr old MTV wheels and cx wheels that have lasted 3 three peaks and lots of other abuse.
    The pair I got on a SH bike last year are shoddy and I’m thinking of giving up and getting the rear rebuilt.

ditchvisitor
    Free Member

Try moonglu, built me an ace pair of wheels for my XC bike.

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

I hear good things about this Gentleman’s wheel builds: DCR Wheels

Built a number of wheels for Demon Frameworks if you check out the gallery, and Tom is a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to his bikes 🙂

nashwaymule
    Free Member

Built me a pair of hope pro 2 on flow 29er wheels, great wheels no problems once they turned up.
    Getting them to turn up though was a fair amount of hassle.
    In the post with you tmrw!!! Well after nearly 2 weeks of that they did eventually make it, he was very sorry about it,
    Great wheels but a sod to get them delivered.

Scapegoat

I got a set of his about two years ago when he was trading as Fastpartsforbikes. They looked great, were a decent price and turned up on time, but I had to have them virtually rebuilt as the spoke tensions were all over the place. Having learnt the truth about Hinde from various sources I didn’t bother testing his customer service.

These days I heartily recommend cycle-fast.co.uk. Another Dave, but a completely different experience. Awesome wheels, custom spec, and a free truing service for life.

cyclistm
    Free Member

I used DCR a couple of times, recommended

oldgit
    Free Member

Mine have been good, always a nice wheel and a very quick turn around.
    I’ve only ever had custom road wheels though.
    IIRC he has always been around, and AFAIK he has a good shop and is a big supporter of the local scene, despite that you can’t ignore the stuff on the net.

tmb467
    Free Member

+1 for moonglu

slackalice
    Free Member

I’ll add Just Riding Along into the mix, great service and excellent wheels IME.

endurokid
    Free Member

Cheers everyone, certainly a lot to look into, I just need to decide what I want now!!

P.S watch this space for some Pro 2 Evos on 521’s for sale in the future 😆

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

It’s not hard to do it yourself, if you’re already good at truing. Just get Roger Musson’s book.

edhornby

Keep Pedalling in manchester do builds and they are very good, talk to Rich

http://www.keeppedalling.co.uk

endurokid
    Free Member

My LBS can price match and do Hoe Hoops for £290, pretty good deal!!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Dave Hinde Wheels’ is closed to new replies.