Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Davanti car tyres- anyone used them ?
  • jiff
    Free Member

Looking to replace the tyres on my Skoda Yeti – so not a performance vehicle and I tend to drive fairly steadily.
    My local tyre supplier is pushing this British owned brand of tyre at a decent price £90 per corner).
    Reviews of these tyres seem to be either really good for their money or lousy. There seems little in between and I’m wary of false reports in order to promote/trash the product. Sooo……. I thought I’d ask the good, reliable folk of STW to see if they have any experience please ?
    Davanti offer a replacement discount guarantee which covers ‘accidental damage’ – which includes pot hole damage, kerning, unrepairable punctures. The amount they give you in return in these circumstances is dependent upon how much tread depth is left – which seems fair.
    Anyone any knowledge / experience please ?
    Ta

sbob
    Free Member

My local tyre supplier is pushing this British owned brand of tyre at a decent price £90 per corner

Find a new tyre supplier.

sbob
    Free Member

Longer version:
    you’re being offered Chinese ditchfinders at way over the odds because your unscrupulous tyre fitter can make lots of money on them.

Go onto blackcircles, you can get big brand tyres for less.

Never skimp on tyres.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

Almost certainly a 100% markup to get the guarantee.

And how useful is that guarantee when you are outside KwikFit with a flat, and they don’t stock it (assuming they don’t as I’ve never heard of them)

kormoran
    Free Member

What size are you needing?

I am quite ‘interested’ in tyres and I have never seen or heard of them.

nickdavies

What size? My 235/18 avons used to be that kind of money from national with the lifetime guarantee.

Paid £90 a corner for the current ones which are 225/17 again avon – go on black circles and get something reputable. I wouldn’t touch an unknown car tyre brand – the only things that keep your car connected to the road.

duncancallum

Davanti are the own brand from Oak tyres.

They are resonably cheap and ok I have them on my Saab. I buy direct from Oak so get them cheap

I’d look at uni royal for similar money

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Goodyear excellence for that sort of money. I think mine, 215/55/17 were £85 a corner last year.

+1 for findinfg a new tyre shop

P20

http://www.Tyreleader.co.uk
    I got for 4 Michelin 205/55/16 for £320 about 2yrs ago plus £40 for fitting. Way cheaper than local fitters. I’ve had winters for the van from there too.

Rich_s

I’ve been running 205/55 R16s for 6 years on the golf. Always branded, pirelli, Goodyear, Dunlop and Michelin. Last time was 61 quid a pop, never paid more than 72. 360 sounds very high. (Mostly blackcircles)

majorspaniel

Have just bought 2 Goodyear efficientgrip’s from black circles in 225/40r18, paid £75 each and £12 a wheel at my local fitters, would you put a in heard of brands tyres on your bike?

Edukator
    Free Member

The big brands do what they do very well. Tyre life alone will make Michelin cheaper per Km driven. If you check out some ADAC tests you’ll also find you get better grip and handling, better wet performance, better balance etc. from big brands so unless you intend to drive the car to the scrap yard on the tyres before the next MOT I can’t see a any reason not to buy from a reputable brand.

CountZero

I fit ordinary budget tyres on my Octavia, hardly a performance car, and I drive according to prevailing conditions and never had a handling issue; I think I paid about £40 for the last one I had fitted, I’d hesitate to go over £50, unless I was fitting a cross-climate tyre.

milky1980
    Free Member

Tyres are the most important bit of any car, never skimp on them!

If they are offering a damage replacement guarantee then they will have factored that into the costing of the tyre ie you’re paying premium price for a budget tyre to cover the cost of a replacement.

Premium tyres are almost always better in any emergency situation, that’s when the price is worth paying.

jeffl

Yep your tyre place is taking the Mick. Paid £50 a corner for some 17″ Kumho tyres for my car plus £10 fitting per tyre.

Generally don’t go for top level brands like Goodyear or Michelin so have been using Kumho for years. Good comedy name as well.

teethgrinder

Got Davantis and Landsail LS288’s. Oddly, for what some would consider ditchfinders they are ok on both our civics. Probably toyo T1R’s next though. They stick like shit to a blanket.

grtdkad

Black Circles .com

…and as above have noted buy some decent tyres

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Davanti car tyres- anyone used them ?’ is closed to new replies.