Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Daughters first computer advice please.
  • tang
    Free Member

Knowing little on the subject, need some advice. Daughter is starting GCSEs in the autumn and wants her own laptop. 350 top budget, what’s good out there? Aside from school work(she is a bit of a swat) she will be caining the poor thing with iplayer/facecrack/spotify. Do I just go into pc world and see what’s in on the day? I’d rather not….

joeyj
    Free Member

I always go to ebuyer, this one is on their homepage and is within budget although there will many others. I personally wouldn’t go to PC world as they normally try and sell you the most expensive which doesn’t meet your requirements. Good luck

Stoner
    Free Member

I shall repeat my shilling of google chromebooks. Ideal for the Jr in your life.

spotify & faceache extensions available on chrome. All her school work available anywhere, anytime and on any platform, even at school if her laptop isnt.
    Always up todate and *touchwood* virus safe. Secure.

And from <£200 for the acer or £230 for the very nice samsung.

tang
    Free Member

She’s doing IT so I guess she needs a windows OS?

Stoner
    Free Member

I’d be surprised if that was the case these days.

If she needs a certain specification to run a specific piece of software under an educational licence for the course I’d expect the course to give some guidance.

I think all of the main programming languages have development tools as chrome extension/apps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Daughters first computer advice please.’ is closed to new replies.