Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Daughter is dropper curious, which 30.9 (non-stealth) on a budget? RSP?
  • rockhopper70

My daughter fancies a dropper on her bike and rather than splurge reverb money, is the general consensus an RSP, currently £90 or so?
    Needs to be none stealth.
    Thanks

poah
    Free Member

TransX or ks eten. My middle son wants one for his 20inch wheel bike ha ha ba

mattyfez

I’m dropper curious myself, what’s stopping me is the price and the amount of mechanical problems I have read about them.

tmass91
    Free Member

Brand X from CRC has great reviews. Admittedly around £25 more. I was going to purchase one myself but got a super deal on a reverb in the sale!

joebristol

Think the brand x ascend is stealth only.

tmass91
    Free Member

It is. My apologies.

rockhopper70

Non remote ones, that speed up looks ok I suppose, no sprung return but she’s not very enduro at all so possibly won’t slow her down.

BigJohn

Lot of people going on about the KS Eten and T-Mars for about £55 on the recent “What 27.2 dropper” thread.

montgomery
    Free Member

I was given a second hand KS one in that post size, lacking the bar lever. Seems to work, yours for the postage.

rockhopper70

Montgomery, that would be very good of you.
    It’d certainly get her head around using one, even if not “on the fly”.
    I’ll send you my contact details so let me know the postage, and I’ll send the money.
    Thanks again.

rockhopper70

PM’d you through STW.

montgomery
    Free Member

Got it. I’m away until the end of next week, so I’ll post it then and let you know it’s on its way. You can activate the mechanism by toggling the siwtch under the saddle; you could probably rig up a pull loop if you can’t source a bar lever.

neverbeentomoab
    Free Member

Go outdoors sell the rsp plummet so if you have one of there discount cards you can price match against tredz who are selling it for £85 and they’ll give you another 10%off so you’ll pay about £77

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Daughter is dropper curious, which 30.9 (non-stealth) on a budget? RSP?’ is closed to new replies.