Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)
  • Daughter has been punched in school!!!
  • funkmasterp

A good outcome for your daughter. I think you should buy her a gift, maybe a Katana or a pair of Butterfly knives?

samunkim
    Free Member

@ Tom_W1987

Fail to see how the video helps your point. Agreed it’s not Bruce Lee noises & crane stance posing but those security guards are obvs trained.

Probably ex-squadies

The knees and kicks are being thrown to save them damaging their hands on drunken Russian skulls

jimjam
    Free Member

Tom_W1987

Just for anyone who thinks that going to self defense/martial arts classes will help – and will boost their confidence – this is what an actual fight looks like and what “self confidence” will get you embroiled in.

So look Tom, there are ”self defense” classes, there’s traditional martial arts and then there is training to fight / combat sports. There’s some degree of crossover here of course but they are not all the same. Here’s a more relevant video to the thread – two young girls fighting. You’ll notice it’s an actual fight too.

NSFW

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uIqR0mgLsc[/video]

One of them has trained to fight by learning a combat sport. In so doing she has learned to defend herself pretty effectively.

Junkyard
    Free Member

@omthose guards have clearly had training knee kicks to distract then aiming for the body and head If anything it shows that training to fight makes you better at fighting

What next next you going to argue that if you practice bike skills every week you dont become any better on a bike?

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

@skids, yes I agree. Tough lesson for her to learn.

funkmasterp

knee kicks to distract then aiming for the body and head If anything it shows that training to fight makes you better at fighting

This is what I’ve been trying to say, albeit badly. All the arts from traditional through to combat sports have techniques that work. It’s a matter of refining and taking what can actually be applied should you be unlucky enough to have to use in a real world scenario. From that video above I can see elements of Wing Chun, low kicks, centres line attacks. Mai Thai / traditional western Boxing in the movement and punches. All of this makes one more capable at defending oneself. The key is in practice and full contact sparring.

My whole, poorly put across point, was that having these tools at your disposal can give you time to escape a bad situation if flight can’t initially be achieved. Still think we should have started a new thread though. 🙂

ulysse
    Free Member

It was a kids playground tussle, ffs..

jimjam
    Free Member

funkmasterp Still think we should have started a new thread though.

Go ahead. or just post in the UFC/BELLATOR/MMA thread.

Junkyard
    Free Member

One of them has trained to fight by learning a combat sport. In so doing she has learned to defend herself pretty effectively.

sadly she has learnt to use her skills not to defend herself but to beat people up
    She was clearly capable of controlling the situation without the actions she resorted to. She was a bully and worse she was a well trained and skilled – given the other person new nothing at all.

This is not the reason my kids learn this and not the reason i learn/teach this.

jimjam
    Free Member

Junkyard

sadly she has learnt to use her skills not to defend herself but to beat people up
    She was clearly capable of controlling the situation without the actions she resorted to. She was a bully and worse she was a well trained and skilled – given the other person new nothing at all.

This is not the reason my kids learn this and not the reason i learn/teach this.

I disagree. The other girl throws eight unanswered punches while the BJJ girl is trying to establish grips. When she gets to the ground the punches she throws are purely to move the other girl in the direction she wants so she’ll give her the arm. When she takes the arm bar all she does is hyper extend her arm when she could have easily snapped it, snapped the wrist, transitioned to a kimura or omoplata then ripped her shoulder apart.

When she takes mount she throws a few more punches to encourage the girl to give her back. Getting choked out doesn’t hurt, but it makes a point.

The girl who is the aggressor poked the bear. She tried to punch her eight times, in reply she got a few punches back and a sore arm. The bjj practitioner could have rained down punches elbows, eye gouges…whatever all day long from a dominant position.

Viewing 10 posts - 121 through 130 (of 130 total)

The topic ‘Daughter has been punched in school!!!’ is closed to new replies.