Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Daughter being paid to do other kids homework – good or bad?
  • wwaswas

She just walked in my office and asked if I could print some homework she was doing for another kid off. She’s year 7 and got £1.50 for 2/3rds of a sheet of A4 English.

I’m pleased she’s good enough to be asked but told her it’s not to happen again. Or does it not really matter?

I do need to give her some lessons on subterfuge…

mrblobby
    Free Member

Entrepreneurial spirit to be encouraged.

julianwilson
    Free Member

Mr Gove would applaud her early adoption of free market spirit and entrepreneurship.

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Id say £2 a side, at least, £5 for three.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

£1.50 for 2/3rds of a sheet of A4 English.

I’d tell her to up her prices. The consequences of getting caught justify at least £5 per half page.

thepurist

You need to teach her about minimum wage too – how long did that 2/3 sheet take? Maybe she needs to put her prices up 😉

brassneck

You want your cut or you’re grassing her up, clearly.

Northwind

What subject is it? She knows the business, I know the chemistry…

wukfit
    Free Member

i’d be wary of putting the prices up too much,
    how much pocket money does the average 11 (slight guess at age) get?
    they cant really go to their parents and ask for more because your daughters upped her prices
    maybe she could trade for goods or services, have people come do her chores for her etc.

_tom_
    Free Member

told her it’s not to happen again.

why not? She may as well profit from the other kids being too thick to do their own work!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’ll give her £10 to do my Yr 5 numeracy planning.

bokonon
    Free Member

If it’s collusion like that then both sides get in trouble.

The best advice is to do homework for kids at other schools, then their disciplinary processes don’t apply to you, only the person you do the work for.

wwaswas

The best advice is to do homework for kids at other schools

good thinking.

My wife’s the Deputy Head at another school – I’ll ask her to tout for business over there 🙂

tbh, it’s more the getting caught thing that bothers me than the actually doing the work. I watched Grange Hill, it never ends well.

johndoh
    Free Member

Tell her to make sure she charges for consumables too – paper and printer inks aren’t cheap.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Set her up under a Ltd Company and apply for VAT redg too.. 😉

thepurist

tbh, it’s more the getting caught thing that bothers me than the actually doing the work. I watched Grange Hill, it never ends well.

Once she starts the cash rolling in she can start giving back handers to the teachers to stay quiet, then it’s their problem when it all unravels.

pondo

Grass the other kid up.

mojo5pro
    Free Member

If there’s one thing Grange Hill taught us…”just say no!”

jag61

[/quote]Mr Gove would applaud her early adoption of free market spirit and entrepreneurship.

this especially if it proves that ‘private Education services’ is more better than some old public sector nonsense. 🙂

nwgiles

wukfit – Member
    maybe she could trade for services

steady on, this is the man’s daughter

sugdenr
    Free Member

There’s no money in homework, you need to get her developing apps, that’s where the big buck are at. Apparently.

No, wait, thinking about that, she needs to develop a homework app, where kids bid to do other peoples homework – bit like peopleperhour – and your daughter gets 10% of each deal.

Woah, I just came up with a killer app – but I fear that I am about to be Winklevossed by 2was and his kid daughter….. 🙁

corroded
    Free Member

1 Corner the market
    2 Raise prices
    3 Outsource to India

z1ppy

My worry would be that she’s done for cheating, as in copying the other person’s homework. Unless she managed to not only know enough to complete the subject, she can vary her style too…

_tom_
    Free Member

I was caught doing a mates homework for some money before, nothing came of it other than a mild telling off. She might as well keep going til she gets caught.

molgrips
    Free Member

Outsourcing to India is an excellent idea. They can do the work at Indian prices, you can take a cut.

crikey
    Free Member

Disappointing lack of moral outrage in this thread!

My lad only got as far as buying sweets from Poundland then selling at 200% profit at breaktime.

dannyh
    Free Member

Ok, but make sure you get your cut.

molgrips
    Free Member

Seriously though, I’d tell her not to do it. The other kids are cheating, which is wrong, and she’s complicit. It’s immoral, end of.

benji
    Free Member

Any chance she can counterfeit some CRC vouchers they are trading for good solid cash on another thread 🙂

withersea
    Free Member

On the homework apps front who wants to get together to develop ‘the language homework cheating app’s as devised by me and my 12 year old daughter last night. Children studying a foreign language ask kids from the relevant country to do their work. if school complaints processes don’t overlap between schools we are sorted when it comes to international boundaries separating us. The other advantage is that the app gets of the same age group to do the homework meaning the mistakes will be consistent.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’d secretly encourage her if I were the OP but, I’d also make it clear to her that if she gets caught, you’ve never met..

I’d also be invoicing her at a rate of 50p per printed sheet of A4.

legend
    Free Member

Non. Sequential. Bills.

dannybgoode

She needs to up her price to around the £2-2.25 mark and then find some gullible sod to actually do the donkey work for 50p-75p (she can dictate the content etc but the ‘mule’ can do the actual copying, handing the goods over the end client etc).

That way she makes a reasonable profit for very little risk – plausible deniability etc.

She could go as far as 50/50 on the earnings if pushed but she may as well start with a low offering.

matther01
    Free Member

Bad IMO…clearly profiteering from others stupidity 😉

julianwilson
    Free Member

withersea – Member

On the homework apps front who wants to get together to develop ‘the language homework cheating app’s as devised by me and my 12 year old daughter last night. Children studying a foreign language ask kids from the relevant country to do their work.

In our university modern languages department, we had formal translation classes (in preparation for bastid hard no-dictionary-or-nuffink 2×3 hour exams in translating) in our 4th year with erasmus (do they still do that?) students who spoke the target language and needed their (usually rather good) eeengleeesh sharpening up: the whole idea was that we helped each other out. Split into groups of four, English to Foreign one week and Foreign to English the week after. It was ace!

footflaps

It’s immoral, end of.

You’ll never make a Tory MP with an attitude like that!

dannybgoode

You’ll never make an Tory MP with an attitude like that!

FTFY

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

+ entrepreneurship
    – morals/cheating
    ? Poor LT pricing but could be good market entry strategy

She can learn three lessons in one go. Bravo.

JoeG
    Free Member

She can also put in some incorrect or inappropriate answers for a little humor… 😉

scaled
    Free Member

That last one is pure gold!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Daughter being paid to do other kids homework – good or bad?’ is closed to new replies.