Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • dating your first cousin?
  • hora
    Free Member

The village mentality. That was prevalent in parts of the UK throughout all classes in Victorian times (and England) up until the early part of the 20th century.

Mobility helped change/modernise things huh.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s a big problem in Asian communities with arranged marriages between cousins. It creates a disproportionate amount of birth defects in all newborns
    & in Leeds/Bradford. Mrs Futtock works on a kids ward in LGI & sees a lot more birth defect related problems in Asian families. I’m not syaing there ARE any more problems than in other races but she comes across them more often.

hora
    Free Member

New and unseen issues as well.

These new and unseen issues will have been seen a couple of centuries back I bet just forgotten/not documents as well now due to medical infancy.

IanMunro
    Free Member

The village mentality. That was prevalent in parts of the UK throughout all classes in Victorian times (and England) up until the early part of the 20th century.

Mobility helped change/modernise things huh.

I think the bicycle has been cited as one of the greatest assets to the countries gene pool for that reason.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I dated a girl with webbed toes once…. she was crap at wearing flip-flops but a **** good swimmer.

iDave
    Free Member

you’ll be able to point at planes together – wonderful

Torminalis
    Free Member

I could have sworn that the bicycle was instrumental in the broadening of the gene pool.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The village I grew up in had a ‘local bicycle’, she didn’t help broaden the gene pool.

hora
    Free Member

I bet we all knew a girl like that. 😆

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I surprised so many people have talked about possible genetic problems given the ready availabilty of contraceptive methods. Having children together might not be a good idea but otherwise it shouldn’t be anyone else’s business!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Define dating – sounds like you enjoy your first cousins company, and I’d see no problem with that. I’d argue taking it to “knowing” her is wrong, as is a relationship that produces offspring. No contraception can be 100% effective, so in response to SFB the risks of a sexual relationship take things a step too far.

There was a recent Channel 4 documentary on first cousin marriages, concentrated on the asian populations in the bigger cities, and as someone above has already said part of the issue within the asian families is recurrent first cousin marriages producing very close genetic cousins, and the problem of extremely rare recessive conditions coming to the fore. It was a sad programme to watch, one of the saddest cases was a 17 year old with a progressive neurological condition, was blind & going deaf, but all he knew was he was 17 and 17 year olds are allowed to drive. He couldn’t process mentally that his condition would never allow that. The programme infered that within asian communities cousin marriages are so common to keep property & money within a family.

But it isn’t just isolated to asian populations, two of the most handicapped children I’ve ever looked after came from a caucasian cousin marriage.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

No contraception can be 100% effective, so in response to SFB the risks of a sexual relationship take things a step too far.

after having the snip I have had zero further children despite my best endeavours…

hora
    Free Member

SFB prefers to splash it around now, old spice-style

wwaswas

old spice-style

In the shower with Kevin Keegan?

hora
    Free Member

Question. What if your first Cousin is seriously hot?

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

In the shower with Kevin Keegan?

well, he would be unlikely to become impregnated :o)

hora
    Free Member

How about in the shower with Sven and Keagan? You could have a grey-off

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Question. What if your first Cousin is seriously hot?

wouldn’t Kevin get jealous ??

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Its legal to marry a cousin. That’s all that matters.
    Go for it. Be happy.

Many many royal and/or moneyed families have over the century’s, though for cash and land rather than happiness.

hora
    Free Member

Well in Shameless one character slept with his half-brother knowing he was his half-brother

Morris
    Free Member

Move to Burnley. Good local mountain biking and that sort of caper is socially acceptable.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

As long as you’re not planning to breed, crack on.

jon1973
    Free Member

two of the most handicapped children I’ve ever looked after came from a caucasian cousin marriage.

And that was down to the fact that the parents were Cousins was it? Out of intrest, how were they disabled?

I’m pretty sure you get disabled Children born of parents who are not related as well.

I’m not suggesting it’s favourable to have children if your related, but to imply that it was the cause of their severe disablement in that case is a bit of a stretch.

joolsburger
    Free Member

60 Million people in the UK just over half are women allowing that only 1% of them are available that’s still 300,000 thousand women that aren’t your sodding cousin.

Sweet jesus christ on a bicycle.

Viewing 24 posts - 41 through 64 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘dating your first cousin?’ is closed to new replies.