Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)
  • Dating websites
  • bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Diet Coke, eh? Is that because you’re sweet enough as you are?

….is just one of the phrases that might indicate a potential date is not ‘the one.’

nickc

I find the whole idea of dating sites excruciatingly embarrassing. Looked at a couple this morning, I don’t think it’s for me.

_tom_
    Free Member

Your main profile picture is very important on such sites/apps. I saw one tinder profile where the main picture was their (unborn) baby scan. Offputting to say the least hahah

GolfChick
    Free Member

I have three sugars in my tea… so I’m guessing not?! It’s nice to be able to say that without listening to the default response of ‘how many?!’

GolfChick
    Free Member

_tom_ That’s just fantastic!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Now we’re getting somewhere.

On your profile just add the line:

‘I have 3 sugars in my tea. If that is a problem, then **** off and the **** **** horse, you **** rode in on you ***** cheese *****ing godzilla-esque *****.’

That way you’ll eliminate everyone all the people who’d give you grief about having the sugar intake of a humming bird.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Haha sugar intake of a hummingbird, although they’re pretty fantastic looking creatures so I’m gonna take only positives from that!

Cougar

I have three sugars in my tea

PSA to those still reading: Sugar in tea is evil.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

challenge accepted

Damn, that’s me told

bearnecessities

^ Does that end well?

Edukator
    Free Member

Jive and GolfChick – the perfect match. Please, please and pretty please. You two just have to meet.

hora
    Free Member

Golfchick you can clearly ride better than me so unfortunately I couldn’t conceivably date you. I’d come in and spin you a yarn about how I nailed all the trails on my day long Summer Lakes ride and you’d stop me and say

‘susshhh darling, we both know you can’t ride for toffee’.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

^ Does that end well?

Some say he is still airborne….

Jive and GolfChick – the perfect match. Please, please and pretty please. You two just have to meet.

Nobody puts Simmy in the corner!

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

^ Does that end well?

Darn tootin… lander is about half way between the end of the pic and the bit where the side of the forum goes grey

TheGingerOne

Following on from MissNoTax, I was not getting much interest at all with a sensible photo of myself, but as soon as I changed it to me under the Eiffel Tower in full on roadie lycra, I had an explosion of interest. Hated the idea of advertising myself like that, but it did work 😉

GolfChick
    Free Member

Haha a bike off! I’m clearly going to have to find even more gnarrr photos of myself now!

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

I joined PoF as a result of @DezB’s thread which seemed to suggest it was like a huge online catalogue of Godzilla models and I fancied a wholly indefensible bit of entertainment. However I met someone who is ACE and we are about to be wed in holy mortgage-amony. My opener went something like “Hi, you look weatherproof, fancy a chat?” Although I had to ascertain which one was her in a pic cause the “other” one was defo not for me!

I too posted up pictures of me, on various bikes, at top of mountains, in the rain with comments like “outdoor type, likes the rain and being outdoors up mountains mostly with a bike” and still got a volume of requests from Sofa dwellers and sun bed addicts. you just have to filter them out.
    Good luck!

hammyuk
    Free Member

missnotax – Member
    POF isn’t that bad – I (eventually) met TheGingerOne on there last year and realised that we were in fact going on the very same MTB holiday in a few weeks time…

So actually half POF and half BasqueMTB for me

Congrats Trouble 😛

hammyuk
    Free Member

I’ve never had so many messages on PoF since I changed the text from something sensible to a sarcastic take on selfies, cake, 27.2 friends in pics, etc.
    Only one hate message – the rest I either owe new mascara or a new keyboard 😀

maxtorque

GolfChick
    I have three sugars in my tea…

Suspect you won’t be putting “has own teeth” in your dating profile for much longer…….. 😉

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Suspect you won’t be putting “has own teeth” in your dating profile for much longer……..

Some of my hobbies are mountain biking, running, drinks with friends, and trips to the dentist.

GolfChick
    Free Member

I smashed three teeth out when i broke my jaw, hitting the floor at 30 mph will do that to you. Im in the middle of implant treatment so no worries about them falling out they’re screwed into my jawbone!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

….so no worries about them falling out they’re screwed into my jawbone!

I also enjoy walks on the beach, petting dogs, and setting off airport metal detectors with my face.

….all that aside, have you signed up for anything yet?

GolfChick
    Free Member

I PROPERLY got my hopes up that I would be able to set off the detectors but its all titanium as a mate said at least Im taking weight saving to the max!

I took a look at guardian soulmates, at this point in the process I’d rather not have to pay and doing it on my iPhone was driving me bonkers!

bearnecessities

hitting the floor at 30 mph

I’m genuinely struggling to figure out what that scenario was?

Failed parachute? Drunk pigeon? DD’s lover?

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I took a look at guardian soulmates, at this point in the process I’d rather not have to pay and doing it on my iPhone was driving me bonkers!

What about local stuff/events? My sister went on a singles cooking course thing. I think the idea is you already have a common interest.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

doing it on my iPhone was driving me bonkers!

It’s the Princess and the Pea all over again!

Use a bed*, like normal people.

Or a hot tub, swimming pool, tropical beach at sunset, yacht, back of a limo, top of a WWII German bunker, etc. Y’know. Normal places.

GolfChick
    Free Member

Theres a section of trail in the wyre forest where its possible to hit 30mph, I went slightly too far to the left and clipped a sappling with the bars of the bike. Splat!!

MoreCashThanDash

For a moment there I thought you were adding a new location to Flashy’s list….

singletrackmind

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPR9p21ev9s[/video]

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

clipped a sapling

That HAS to be a euphemism.

maxtorque

I’ve given up with the whole internet dating thing, i/m they are all just too weird…… 😉

BigDummy
    Free Member

I also enjoy … setting off airport metal detectors with my face.

I would immediately and without question send a blurry picture of my cock accompanied by some pleading if I read this in a profile.

🙂

rOcKeTdOg

Theres a section of trail in the wyre forest where its possible to hit 30mph, I went slightly too far to the left and clipped a sappling with the bars of the bike. Splat!!

I think I’ve hit that tree a few times!

Teeth still intact though

GolfChick
    Free Member

Can’t of done. A month later riding before the metal was even removed I went and took a small saw to it, payback!!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I went and took a small saw to it, payback!!

I also like taking revenge on any trees and bushes that have wronged me.

Cougar

My sister went on a singles cooking course thing. I think the idea is you already have a common interest.

I’m not so sure that “something you both can’t do” constitutes a common interest. “You don’t know how to make a soufflé? Wow, me neither! We’re made for each other!”

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Haha. Nice one Cougar 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m not so sure that “something you both can’t do” constitutes a common interest. “You don’t know how to make a soufflé? Wow, me neither! We’re made for each other!”

Yes, but it lays the groundwork for some interesting flirting….

Hey, my soufflé may not be rising, but you know what is….hur hur

Hey, that’s a nice dick…spotted dick that is….lol

etc.

Cougar

For no reason whatsoever, I just thought of this.

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 234 total)

The topic ‘Dating websites’ is closed to new replies.