Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)
  • Dating sites
  • Wheelsucker
    Free Member

Thinking about using online dating – I've had a look at some of the free sites, but they seemed to be filled with the kind of semi-literate text speak that doesn't fill me with optimism. So, where should I be looking to find the beautiful, intelligent, outdoorsy types that are bound to fall in love with me? 😉

MTT
    Free Member

Join local cycling/walking/triathlon/orienteering clubs. Honestly.

Kuco

Real world?

project
    Free Member
    chewkw
    Free Member

Mail order from Russia?

Kuco

Buy a prostitute from Russia?

rOcKeTdOg

Mysinglefriend.com is good

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

>>>>>>Ad over there>>>>>>

Zoosk – Lots of pics of men.

Erm.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Fitness Singles (so I hear…honest!!)

cynic-al
    Free Member

Give it a bash but don't expect too much.

LycraLout
    Free Member

I tried plentyoffish
    a couple of meaningless shags, a couple of weirdos, one or two quite nice women that didn't click, an ex-stalker of mine and a nice girl that looks it'll go long term

Kuco

Give it a bash but don't expect too much.

Think he wants to get away from that.

simonralli2
    Free Member

I used to host plentyoffish parties in Leeds 😀 As well as regular dating, there are many parties hosted by members, and these can be a good laugh and you meet people in person. I got to have quite a few new friends via the parties, and yes, a wee bit of luck there too.

Also, Guardian is quite good, including the phone lines, but its far cheaper to do your own add first and listen to replies.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

muddy match aint to bad used that a while back,

Haven't had to make a warranty claim on what I got yet 😉

schmiken

I met my (now) longterm girlfriend on OKCupid. Have plenty of patience and take a lot of time to write a good profile!

Creg

I use plenty of fish

Although going on the girls on there in my area it needs to be renamed "plenty of chav munter mothers"…have met one or two really nice girls on there though (not chav munters)

Tried Match.com too, sunk £40 into it and the only contact that was successful ended up being some mental case

IHN

eharmony worked for me

match.com is like a jumble sale

xherbivorex
    Free Member

Fitness singles was a complete waste of time and money, I found.
    I met my girlfriend through match.com, it looks like being the best thing I ever did taking a chance and sending her that first email.

cinnamon_girl

Nightmare! I was getting messages from 27 year old blokes asking if I wanted to have fun. 😆

Those who know me will appreciate the comedy value of this – I'm hardly 'cougar' material. 🙄

Actually some time ago a few Northern riders were talking about organising a 'Social Networking Ride'. Don't think it actually happened though.

Cougar

I'm hardly 'cougar' material

Probably just as well, my OH might have something to say about that.

(-:

cinnamon_girl

😳

Just to reiterate – 'cougar' as in high maintenance, mature, botoxed ……….. sure you can fill in the rest. 🙄

crazy-legs

Fitness singles was a complete waste of time and money, I found.

I had a couple of 'interesting' dates off that and 2 really bad ones before meeting my g/f via it.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

QUOTE: cinnamon_girl – Member
    Nightmare! I was getting messages from 27 year old blokes asking if I wanted to have fun. UNQUOTE.

I'm a 30 year old bloke. Are you looking for mutual disappointment and an insatiable appetite for seafood based puns?

An interest in biscuits and semi-obscure mid-90's slacker rock is preferred, but not essential.

Meet me outside Krispy Kreme in West Quay at 13.00 tomorrow, I'll be wearing a purple velvet smoking jacket and carrying a copy of European Language School Advertisement Spotter.

On a slightly more serious note, My Single Friend seems to be the best of the bunch. Full of pretty girls with varied hobbies, ambition and an ability to spell.

cinnamon_girl

Lol @ bravohotel9er. Good luck. 😆

tomstickland
    Free Member

All the various sites claim to have a unique feature that makes them better, but they're all the same really. I've tried a few over the years and lost interest in them pretty quickly.

Is there any secret or are people either very good looking, good liars, or just put a lot of effort into them? I don't seem to have the willpower with them. Real life starts to look a lot more interesting after a while.

Rickos
    Free Member

I met Mrs. Rickos on http://www.match.com where there were lots of nice women that could spell proper and everfing. Cynic-Al has met my bird and can vouch that she's not a mental case. Mostly.

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

QUOTE: cinnamon_girl – Member
    Lol @ bravohotel9er. Good luck.
    UNQUOTE.

So, you're not coming?!

Alright, clearly you're used to sophistication so I can probably stretch to a rocket and crayfish sandwich on focaccia at Pret.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

CFH: Zoosk – Lots of pics of men.

you're not telling us anything we didn't already know 🙂

cinnamon_girl

So, you're not coming?!

Alright, clearly you're used to sophistication so I can probably stretch to a rocket and crayfish sandwich on focaccia at Pret.

Sophistication? Nah cos picnic rides are more my type of thing. Except I'm currently not riding my bike. 😥

C_G
    scariest girlie on the Forum

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Flicking between here and match at the moment.

Does anyone know of a site where mothers try and pawn their daughters?

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

Quote: The Southern Yeti – Member

Does anyone know of a site where mothers try and pawn their daughters? Unquote.

You could try Mumsnet, but they may not react well.

cinnamon_girl

😆 @ TSY. Haven't a clue what you are talking about. 😉

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Maybe I've just identified a niche dating site market.

MySingleDaughterMustGo.com

bravohotel9er
    Free Member

'Gash Converters'?

TAXI!

cinnamon_girl

Nice one! Believe me, she doesn't like living with her slightly mad mother. 🙄

DaveGr
    Free Member

Plenty of fish – free so gets a wide range of, erm how can I say it, "interesting people".

Dating direct – more women than men (as per most sites). Female friend at work got 200 emails in a couple of days. I got circa 10 in 3 months. No one replied to my emails – think the picture of the single speed put them off.

Fitness Singles – wow, people contacted me and everyone replied to my emails – some even commented on the single speed 😆 Everyone seemed normal. Not many people on there so you might have to travel.

grahamh
    Free Member

MySingleDaughterMustGo.com

Still avaiable, so off to register it first thing in the morning 🙂

cinnamon_girl

Female friend at work got 200 emails in a couple of days.

😯

What a job to sort the wheat from the chaff. 🙂 Actually I was quite amazed at the lack of effort people made with their profiles. Aside from spelling (not a big deal), it was the inability to construct a meaningful sentence. I would re-read several times and wonder what they were whittering on about.

Lol @ Graham!

footflaps

I used Fitness Singles and met my last two GFs from there. Went on loads of dates, met loads of interesting women and still keep in touch with several of them (as friends). Met current GF on there 18 months ago.

martinxyz
    Free Member

Lol. You make that site sound like a car browsing experience down at Arnold Clarks.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘Dating sites’ is closed to new replies.