Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Dating advice
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Is 60 miles too great a distance between two people dating?

At first I didn’t think it was, but now, it seems like it could be a bit of a PITA. I know a lot of people do over an even greater distance, but not sure if it’s for me.

I haven’t made any definite moves yet, by the way.

I’m probably over-thinking this: I usually do.

crikey
    Free Member

It’s a long way to walk home after a snog.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hahaha true.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    m0rk
    Free Member

^^ that, or a long way to go when you’ve got work in the morning & you’re in last nights togs

I did it when I met my wife when she went back to Uni… but I hadn’t got anything better to do

I’m lazy now, so wouldn’t do it again!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Is he hot?

roadie_in_denial
    Free Member

Depends what you want more. A balanced and rewarding relationship or more time to yourself and having to spend less money on petrol.

project
    Free Member

What if your transport breaks down, or the trains stop running, but at least you can have one 60 miles away and one nearby, and they possibly will never meet.

chrssmale
    Free Member

My gf lives 80ish miles away though I do work offshore so don’t have to do trip to work every weekday. But for us distance hasn’t really been much of a problem.
    Nearly forgot to add, she lives pretty much slap bang between the Mendips and Ashton Court too, a massive bonus for me when she goes to work 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

Kinda.

Background: I haven’t met her yet, we’ve just been chatting on match.com (yes, she has pics that appear genuine). She wants to meet up, but I’m not sure if I want to proceed any further if I have no intention of holding a relationship over that distance.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Try meeting in person. It may work it may not, if it’s going well the distance will seem like nothing, if not it’s a good excuse.

jock-muttley
    Free Member

Did it, would do it again, dashing 60 miles to steal a kiss and & cuddle can be fun, you will know if it’s the right person.

This is the result =0)

Moses

Suck it and see.
    Faint heart wins no lady, etc.

crikey
    Free Member

Give it a go!

She might be lovely.

If not, at least you get to see a bit of the countryside. (…and maybe a bit of the ‘landscape’)

Cougar

This is the result =0)

Your helmets are making babies.

Cougar

(that’s not a sentence I thought I’d type today)

jock-muttley
    Free Member

Background: I haven’t met her yet, we’ve just been chatting on match.com (yes, she has pics that appear genuine). She wants to meet up, but I’m not sure if I want to proceed any further if I have no intention of holding a relationship over that distance.

^^^^^^^^^^^ this started off on ‘tinternet

if it’s going well the distance will seem like nothing, if not it’s a good excuse.

+1 never a truer word said!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Mrs Cat and I did it for years because of jobs, only got wed when we moved in here. If it’s worth it you’ll know.

jock-muttley
    Free Member

Cougar – Moderator

(that’s not a sentence I thought I’d type today)

now wiping wine off the screen of the lappy!

chrisa87
    Free Member

Absolutely worth it. 80miles between me and my gf. Hard work sometimes, but still going strong after 2 and a half years. Now looking for work near her so we can move in together.

piemonster

Amateur, first started seeing my gf and it was an 880 mile round trip.

Three and a half years ago, been living with her for three years. So it can work, just depends on whether you think it’s worth the effort.

Bloody hell my car did some miles that first six months.

piemonster

Your helmets are making babies.

😆

Cougar

Amateur, first started seeing my gf and it was an 880 mile round trip.

Amateur, one of my exes was an 8,000 mile round trip.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

the answer is no…

60 miles is nothing if its true love…

try 9000+,…that’s what i live with everyday…at the moment…

johnellison
    Free Member

She’s a mentalist. Trust me, they all are…

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers for the comments folks. I haven’t completely decided if she’s the type of woman I’m after, but it could be good practice lol.

hmanchester
    Free Member

If you like her, give it a go. If not, loads of single people out there.

icarus
    Free Member

9000 miles,thats nothing,i had a girlfriend who lived on the Moon,was it worth it? was it f***

mikey74
    Free Member

If you like her, give it a go. If not, loads of single people out there.

You’d think so, but….

hmanchester
    Free Member

But what??? Loads of singles out there!

ThurmanMerman
    Free Member

Worth a punt. Nothing ventured, eh?

My GF lives 40 miles away and I reckon that’s on the cusp of being a PITA.

zokes
    Free Member

I did Bangor (ooo errr) to Lancaster for two years after I met MrsZ on a night out. That worked out well enough – we’ve been married three years.

Cougar

PSA: Van Halen on Sky Arts now – mikey74

Might as well Jump!

hora
    Free Member

Lots of nutjobs/clingy/self-obsessed/dull/coke-loving **** out there. If she is the one who **** cares if its 1, 000miles?

Jesus wept. Do you have a clipboard on your dates too? Ease of commute to a job isnt the same as love is it. Madness.

mikey74
    Free Member

Hahaha see what ya did there Cougar.

scaled
    Free Member

Ride to meet her and see if she thinks you’re a complete mentalist.

Worst case scenario you’ve bagged a nice century ride!

Fwiw I did Cardiff to bristol for a good while, out daughter is now 2 😀

samuri
    Free Member

When I met my wife (she wasn’t my wife then you understand), I was driving a 120 mile round trip to see her.

We’ve been together 20 years and married for 14 years. HTH.

mark90
    Free Member

Did 300 mile round trips for about a year when I first met my missus. It was hard work, espesially as she often has to work weekends. Been together 12 years, living together 11, married 8. Sometimes wish it was 300 miles again 😆

jekkyl

Carlsberg green jock mutley? You disgust me.

To the op, my rule when I was dating was don’t date anyone more than an hours travelling away. Otherwise it will become a royal PITA. You have nothing to lose going to meet her at least once, go for it. I found my girl online and now we’re married with a child!

nealglover
    Free Member

Kinda.

Well worth trying it that’s for sure.

I met my OH online too, (e-harmony) and there was 45 miles between us at the time.
    I used to love driving over there midweek to see her.

We have been together 3 years, the beers and Helmets picture above tells a familiar story for me too, I never thought I would meet someone I could go hooning down mountains in the alps with who also looked great in a little black dress and heels 😉

Go for it, you won’t know otherwise.

kayak23

168 miles separated us for two years, then she moved up to me. We lasted a year before splitting so no, it doesn’t work…. 😉

But yeah, nowt to lose, just date her and see…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Dating advice’ is closed to new replies.

New deal added to Members Discounts