Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Datchworth / Harmer Green stick man warning.
  • DrRSwank
    Free Member

Just ridden down the nice single track that runs down from Harmers Green towards Robbery Bottom Lane. It’s in the woods the scouts use and it has been seriously covered in big logs.

Moved loads but then found some scouts building bickies ON THE TRAIL. Apparently Akele had suggested it.

So be careful. Not only is it very dodgy with logs we couldn’t shift but there may be kids camping in the middle of the trail.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Its been getting worse over this last year, they are basically trying to block up a well established route, must be decades old.

Ok they may own the land, but there are lots of trails through there that are legal.

Any thoughts on the big mesh fence at the top?

jedi

It makes it fun

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    DrRSwank
    Free Member

The scouts DON’T own the land, they rent it. It was a mess on Saturday.

The big mesh fence is hideous, I’m guessing it’ll extend at some point. Shame as it is a nice trail.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

So who owns the land, is there a council bod who oversees it?
    Jedi, it’s not fun, it’s a deliberate act to endanger users of the land.

jedi

jesus, its private land no?

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

Right to roam legislation, this is an established route that’s being progressively blocked or destroyed.
    I will chase it up this week.

This route is a walking route, I walk it of course ahem

baa
    Free Member

I rode down it last Tuesday night, not fun! They have been playing silly buggers for a while now. They (scouts) wouldn’t do anything to inure any unsuspecting riders would they? I mean they’re all good Christians arent they?

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

We need to investigate with the council, if anyone’s interested in joining forces let me know.

baa
    Free Member

Hi Rocky, I’m riding it tonight, I’ll let you know how it is now.
    I’d be interested finding out more, as it was/is a great nighttime trail.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

cheers baa, not been there for a few weeks myself. may try it wednesday.

i found the countryside access officers details and will ring them.

the track from harmer green through the fields down to the concrete road bridleway at digswell has been ploughed, with the track reinstated by the tank tractor they use, but at points its is unwalkable let alone bikable. this has to be reinstated within 14 days according to rights of way service, the bridleway cutting across the field has been driven over by this tank and its left deep marks, not sure this is good for the horses, certainly will give a buzz when you next go down it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Datchworth / Harmer Green stick man warning.’ is closed to new replies.