Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Data sim for France
  • loddrik
    Free Member

Going to France in the summer and want to take the ipad. Anyone bought a data only sim over there and if so how much and how much data?

failedengineer

I don’t know if this helps, but we have a hire fleet of our equipment in France and we have to use UK data SIM cards in them. Something to do with no fixed IP addresses being available in France.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@loddrik – I’m over there this weekend, I’ll ask for you. I will also ask about what’s the best network (where will you be), the gf is on free.fr and the data connectivity is rubbish and that’s in Paris.

If you want to Google try Orange and Bouygues

EDIT This looks like 10 euro for sim and 30 euro for 31 days with 6gb limit. I will check with friends as my French is terrible ! (if you want to search more “sim seule” is sim only, internet is internet 8) )

Sim Only Data

bugcab
    Free Member

Three contracts can be used at no extra cost in France (and many others) under their “feel at home” plans. 4g in the UK at no extra cost either.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

bugcap, you sure about that? Last I checked (recently) France wasn’t on the list. Enjoying my free 4G though!

jambalaya
    Free Member

Three contracts can be used at no extra cost in France (and many others) under their “feel at home” plans. 4g in the UK at no extra cost either.

Are you sure – I have a three mobile wifi device (which is great) and it costs a fortune if where to use it there. My next sim will be a three their connectivity is great, even their 3G is miles faster and more reliable than EE

hofnar
    Free Member

Jambalaya,

Loddrik will struggle with that sim as you need to recharge that sim with a french bank card. Many french companies online recharge pay thing only takes french cards. Its a common thing it used to annoy me now I have a french card to supplement my collection.

luffy105
    Free Member

http://www.cellhire.co.uk can rent you both 3 and 4G cards for France and can supply it before you travel. Not pay as you go but Orange France contract sims.

They have 10GB bundles that will throttle when the limit is reached so you wont get a huge bill for overage.

In the spirit of honesty I am associated with this company so other rental solutions are available but I know about these guys.

BeveledEdge
    Free Member

Well those are incredibly expensive! £60 per month for 2GB? No thanks…

luffy105
    Free Member

Yeah, it’s not cheap but it works. They have a 10gb 4G bundle for £75 too. Depends what you need it for I guess. If it’s just the odd email and a bit of browsing then a PAYG 2gb sim will suffice i’m sure. It’s just a bit of a faff to get hold of them when you arrive on holiday.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@hofnar – got it, I just googled something ahead of asking my friends. I’d be surprised if one of the companies wouldn’t take a Visa/MasterCard but its possible. I know the security services didn’t like payg sims which can be bought for cash, too easy for criminals/terrorists.

hofnar
    Free Member

Jambalaya,

Two years ago I couldn’t find any, you still have service stations that only take french cards. Must say I haven’t examined the small prints recently as I do have a french Card now. But that Bouyges says French Card and Orange refuses my visa or non french maestro cards as well.

So it read the small print or make a friend who can do the recharge for you( as its only one or two the OP will need)

swedishmatt
    Free Member

Check out globalgig. And three has free data in some countries (I think).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Data sim for France’ is closed to new replies.