Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Data download per month how much?
  • Ed2001
    Free Member

What sort of data usage do you have per month.Just want to know what average family of 4 one teen might have.

PePPeR

My own is about 6gb my better half is about 500mb,my number one son is about 20gb, thank F for threes unlimited Internet contract.

simondbarnes

About 90gb / month on my broadband, 1-4gb/month on my mobile.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Do you mean mobile phone data?

I use 3-4Gb, but I don’t play video or stream music to the phone.

Ed2001
    Free Member

Sorry no just home wifi.I was looking to change my broadband to fibre.Im currently unlimited broadband and wondered if I could go to fibre but with a limited monthly download but apparently it was 200gb last month!

oliverracing

On phone;
    -Mobile data 480GB – would use more but only got 500MB on my contract so it auto cuts off.
    -Wifi – 38GB since 21st December, normally about 30GB a month

PC – currently used 130GB since Jan 1st (I have recently rebuild my PC so ~50Gb of that is programs)

bruneep

20gb shared data plan between 4 of us on mobile

Unlimited on BB

iolo
    Free Member

I used 273gb last month on unlimited 4g

cp

to fibre but with a limited monthly download

what’s the point of spending the wonga on fast fibre if you’re going to self inflict a limit on it? Who’s offering fibre with a usage limit? Seems pointless…

spekkie
    Free Member

Mrs S and I can go through 100GB a month without trying. Watching stuff online is a huge drain.

P-Jay
    Free Member

We get through 200-300GB but eldest can burn through 5GB a day on YouTube without adding endless minecrafting and game downloads.

Teenager = fibre and unlimited.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

200-500 between 4 adults using streaming services, I clocked about that on my own when it was my work connection and I was working from home so streaming TV/Film/Music as background 10hrs a day

Cougar

At home? An Xbox game can run to a 50Gb download on its own, in a couple of hours. Depends entirely on usage.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

what’s the point of spending the wonga on fast fibre if you’re going to self inflict a limit on it? Who’s offering fibre with a usage limit? Seems pointless…

Speed and capacity are different, a fast service at a reduced cost accepting limits makes a lot of sense, not everyone uses 500gb+ a month so why pay for it

skids
    Free Member

didn’t even know you could still buy non unlimited packages

Cougar

didn’t even know you could still buy non unlimited packages

Unless times have changed since I last looked (which is a while ago TBF so it’s entirely possible), there were few truly unlimited packages. Most were wrapped up under “fair use.”

sharkbait
    Free Member

When I last looked we were going through about 270gb between five of us (3 teenagers) – probably higher now.
    We’re on a proper unlimited plan with Zen Internet.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Just gone from BT to Plusnet.
    BT was £60/month for unlimited fibre inc line rental and BT TV (glorified freeview)
    Plusnet is £32 for the same minus the TV bit.

No idea how much we use, but we do a lot of catch up TV/Netflix/Amazon Prime so probably quite a bit. 😯

EDIT: Useful as ever, BT won’t actually let me know how much we use! “You’re on unlimited, you don’t need to worry about this”
    But I want to know!! 😡

wwaswas

Family of four – we get through about 1Tb every three months according to our Virgin statement.

Usage hasn’t noticeably increased since we went to a 200Mbit connection.

jon1973
    Free Member

c350gb per month

Lots of HD an 4k Netflix and Prime

On Virgin Media

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Data download per month how much?’ is closed to new replies.