Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Dashcams ….. Talk to me.
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Easy to achieve.

Both mine are wired like that.

The one in berlingo is just plugged into the cigarette point which comes live when ignition on

And in the big van it’s wired into the stereo switched live

ulysse
    Free Member

And in the big van it’s wired into the stereo switched live

That’s what I did, stripped the supplied fag lighter adapter down to its transformer, soldered in a fused power lead, insulated the lot and let it in to an ignition controlled feed

somafunk

Cultsdave: Very easy to use a dashcam hard wire kit that plugs into fuse box live, most decent cameras detect movement/knocks to car body when car is locked up/stationary and will switch itself on for a predetermined time to start recording possible incident. There’s plenty of choice with dash cams small enough to fit behind rear view mirror and if you can wire a plug you can install a hard wire kit and hide the wires behind dash, a-pillar trims and headlining very easy.

Some cheap eBay special dash cams can cause digital radio interference and may need a ferrite choke placed as close as possible to the camera, apart from that there’s no practical reason for not having one

redthunder
    Free Member

Stuck in window, and linked to cigarette plug.

Some footage from my camera the other day.

[video]https://youtu.be/Rs8cjzK0hEU[/video]

The organ donor… don’t think it will be long for him 🙁 if he carries on like that.

pocpoc
    Free Member

Finally got mine wired up last week after buying it last August! 😳
    It’s a £20 amazon cheapy, not great resolution but does the job as a starter to maybe move on to more expensive things.
    The reason it took my so long to get set up was that when used with the supplied mount and suction thingy it took up a huge amount of windscreen real estate and I wasn’t happy with the remaining visiblity. Also, the cig lighter power lead meant that I had nothing left to plug any other chargers in to.
    The breakthrough came when I realised I could use the USB socket on the back of my aftermarket stereo as a power source and I could successfully mount it on the back of the rear view mirror central arm with a thick black elastic band.
    I can’t see the screen, but it starts and stops with the ignition and auto-loops the recordings when the card is full so it doesn’t bother me.

tjagain

not really seeing what was wrong with that motorcycle overtake apart from being a bit close to the junction

chewkw
    Free Member

For cyclist … try …

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Dashcams ….. Talk to me.’ is closed to new replies.