Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dashboard cameras latest and best
  • trout
    Free Member

rightio which is the best dash cam for the money at the moment .

My mate just had his less than a week old van sideswiped by a flapping door of a van which was on a flatbed scrappy / recovery truck , a couple of witnesses told us what happened but no one got the reg no .and no ccvt cams in the area

Am i correct in thinking a dash cam is available which would have registered the impact and switched on if so it would have got the perp as he drove off .

OK so the horse has bolted but it got me thinking about fitting one to my van

trail_rat
    Free Member

Fwiw not the halfords nextbase utter junk. Glitchy as **** wouldn’t trust it to record a picture of my own drive when I’m stationary.

The amberella chooser seems to be the one. I have a GPS enabled one in the wife’s car when i plug it i to computer it shows me a video and a speed and a track on Google maps. I have done this once mind….. It also has a g sensor so if it feels impact it locks that file

However that cameras no longer available i tried to buy another recently for the bus

I settled on a Maisie cam it does the next resolution up from 1080 and does all the GPS stuff and g sensor stuff as well as carpark crash detection.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

That should read amberella chipset not chooser

maisi cam review

old camera

the00
    Free Member

Wow, those techmoan vids are ace. Proper consumer review.

alanf
    Free Member

I’ve got 2 Auto-vox’s, G1 and G2. Not sure really what the difference is apart from the price, but they both do the job and record good footage.

teasel
    Free Member

I have one of these…

https://lukashd.co.uk/product/lukas-lk-7200-cuty/

Done a year of daily service without any issues and the quality is fine. It doesn’t have a screen so has to be aligned using a tablet or phone and the appropriate connecting lead. No problems with heat or cold.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dashboard cameras latest and best’ is closed to new replies.