Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dash Cam's
  • thered

For the first time I’ve noticed somebody on the m-way slip road this morning who had one of these and he proceeded to drive up the M6 like the worst kind of @$£.

It got me wondering, are these mainly the preserve of those who want to vilify others? I only ask cos the only time I’ve seen their footage, the start and end of the incidents is edited out so that only the poor behaviour of the subject is seen.

z1ppy

Do you really want to watch the 2/3 minute film segment, of boring normal driving, before you see the ‘action’ on youtube? That said I know the police will quite happily take your footage and use it in court against you. Work colleague has a great bit of footage, of the 4×4 just pulling out in front of him, on a dead straight road. I fitted one as I was doing a load of m-way driving and the twunts dodging in and out of the traffic, were doing my head in, it made me aware that my own driving was up for review too.

bails

the only time I’ve seen their footage, the start and end of the incidents is edited out so that only the poor behaviour of the subject is seen.

Here you go, not sure what the cam user did to provoke this:
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmcWKtn_Fyk[/video]

Think about when you’ve seen the footage. Is it generally when it’s been uploaded to youtube? So you’re mostly seeing videos from people who have chosen to upload it, not a random selection of videos from random cameras? There must be (hundreds of?) thousands of people using them and just leaving it in the car, keeping it as a backup in case of a disputed insurance claim. That’s what I do. It’s hidden out of view behind the mirror and is hardwired into the fusebox so I never touch it. I don’t upload videos of me tearing round roundabouts and then screaming at people who’ve pulled out, but it’s there if i need it.

v8ninety

Had a dashcam for 4 years. Reviewed footage about twice. I’m a calm, relaxed driver. It’s saved me £250 by proving a third party was to blame in a knock on a roundabout that would have otherwise gone ‘knock for knock’. YMMV.

cranberry
    Free Member

keeping it as a backup in case of a disputed insurance claim. That’s what I do. It’s hidden out of view behind the mirror and is hardwired into the fusebox so I never touch it. I don’t upload videos of me tearing round roundabouts and then screaming at people who’ve pulled out, but it’s there if i need it.

+ 1

I found that it had some effect on my driving – making sure that I was doing 30 and not 32-3 in a 30 zone and generally thinking “how would this look to someone viewing this back”. I wasn’t tearing around/making progress before hand, but just more aware when it was fitted.

trail_rat
    Free Member

wonder what i did to provoke this guy who decided to drive head on at me round a corner……

aracer
    Free Member

I can’t imagine when you would need the footage of you doing that, but better safe than sorry I guess 😉

thered

C’mon trail_rat, everyone can see that’s been edited to remove your donuts immediately prior

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dash Cam's’ is closed to new replies.