Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Darwinism at work again..
  • cloudnine
    Free Member

Makes you wonder how they got this far in life. The photo of the Mr Henry holding the offending beeping source is priceless.
    A true news worthy story by the ever dumbing down BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-19921055

A retired couple driven to despair by a constant beeping sound ripped out walls in a bid to find the cause – only to find it was from a smoke alarm buried in a chest of drawers.

samuri
    Free Member

This is my favourite example of stupid people using air belonging to to people who deserve to live. The man kicking someone in the crowd relies upon his legs to earn him an extremely wealthy living, and yet when someone calls him a name he is prepared to risk everything just to shut that person up. What a complete dickhead.

Cougar

Sorry, who died?

‘s kind of a sad story in a way, but I’m amazed that at 30 second intervals no-one (couple or builders) worked it out before demolition started.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

If they haven’t had children Darwin may have done his job. On the otherhand they are keeping the construction industry busy. Not sure about the second B In BBC though, why broadcast that?

user-removed
    Free Member

I’m guessing the electrician who suggested, “a “mischievous builder” might have dropped an alarm between two plasterboard walls” had a plasterer mate who needed some work…

PiknMix
    Free Member

HAHAHAHAHAHA

I replaced my whole mains connected smoke alarms in my old place because one wouldn’t stop beeping, the culprit was an old discarded one in the loft directly above where the one I had convinced myself was beeping from.

Had a good laugh about it as it had been keeping me up for nights.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

Superb kick from Eric- – iirc– he is doing what his dad told him as a kid…. use your feet…

dave360

Eventually Mr Henry, 67, a retired print worker, decided to turn all the lights off upstairs and try to locate the sound in the dark.

And then banged his f*cking stupid head. In the dark.

qwerty
    Free Member

Darwinism at work again..

or it could read early onset dementia at work again.., please report back when you are 67 and we’ll assess the deterioration of your mental faculties

nealglover
    Free Member

Thread title Fail.

Darwinism at work again

….. “I was even going round listening to all the grandchildren’s toys

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Well, i suppose it gives some people something to laugh at.

cloudnine
    Free Member

How does a light hearted laugh at others misfortune invite such a critique of opinion on the thread title or my inevitable onset of dementure. Lighten up or crawl back under your rocks.

nealglover
    Free Member

Thread titles are supposed to be relevant to the thread aren’t they ?

*crawls back under rock.

zippykona

Always laugh at the alleged comments that caused the Cantona incident,
    “Off you go Mr Cantona ,its an early bath for you.”
    So polite down Croydon way.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

i note that they lived in Frinton a town so backward that up until recently didn’t have a pub as it would ruin the town’ this place also had a sign on the train station that said Harwich for the continent which someone added frinton for the incotinent 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Darwinism at work again..’ is closed to new replies.