Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Darwen blackburn mtb trails
  • bladz80
    Free Member

Hi anyone kno of any good trails around darwen area ??

binners

All you need is an OS map, then take your pick! You can’t go far wrong. Keep an eye out for posts on the Monday Night pub rides. Darwen has been a destination for a couple, with Mr Sparkle of this parish guiding.

Junkyard
    Free Member

http://blackburnbikers.com/

i know rivvy better but plenty of trails around there and some locals on here

bladz80
    Free Member

Ok cool would be good to find new trails new ppl to ride with and rivvy sounds good i might look into that 🙂

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Bladz 80 – I live in Darwen there’s a few routes you can do. Head up to Darwen Tower and there’s loads of scope from up there. Can go to Roddlesworth, Rivington, There’s stuff round Entwistle woods.

I live near the railway station and head up Cranberry lane and head to Graining wood then up to Edge lane and Entwistle. Nice easy loop. Up belgrave road to the tower and head whichever way I fancy. Giz a shout if you want to come out.

bladz80
    Free Member

Ok cool that cranbery lane one to graning wood sounds brill i never even new ther was anything up ther or entwistle .Only one i found was tower drop down to tockles road way and its,getting boring also on my tod lol an becouse i have no transport thay have to be pritty local .yea,would defo get on that i live just near sainbrys

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

It’s nowt spesh but it keeps you off the A666 on the way to Enty. If your on strava add marc g and have a look on my ride maps. I use it as link. There’s some little runs in Enty woods. Cadshaws a good work out then either up to the tower or past Belmont reservoir up stones bank road to cox green road, then Tora manor (turton Golf club) then back round Entwistle. Off most of this week. If you have facebook add us and message me if you fancy a poodle. Marc bwfc Gardner

wittonweavers
    Free Member

I keep meaning to update these maps with more trails, but for now this may help:

Local Trails

As mentioned above, keep an eye out for the Monday Night Pub rides which are very good and will introduce you to a lot of local trails.

message me if you fancy a poodle

Surely wrong on every level!

tops5
    Free Member

Me and a mate are doing a short route round Darwen Tower tomorrow night if you fancy it – email in profile

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Very wrong wittonweavers. The auto correct on phone is stupid.

bladz80
    Free Member

Any of,you guys on facebook add me ( Lee blayden ) or email me would defo get on some blast out on moors and anywer els go anywere my bikes more a freeride dh set up but still light anuff for xc trail stuff do it all bike i am new,to this chat forum thing so bare with me if am doing it wrong lol

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

look up these local FB groups too:
    Rivington mountainbikers
    Bogtrotters
    team adrenaline
    I dig Healey Nab
    PMBA

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Also Mountain bike Turton. Talk to Ed the maker of the group. He has some cracking routes.

bladz80
    Free Member

Ok cool nice one for that buddy

MrSparkle

If you do the Strava thing then find me ‘Mr Sparkle’ and have a shufti at some of my routes (possibly not the riding to Bolton every day ones though…) ;0)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Darwen blackburn mtb trails’ is closed to new replies.