• This topic has 25 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by Del.
Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dartmoor Videos ..Lets see em …
  • stumpy_m4
    Free Member

looking for vids of dartmoor , doing a route from princetown and need inspiration

lets see em

allthepies
    Free Member

Is it just me or does Dartmoor look a bit "tame" compared with say Exmoor ?

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

allthepies – Member
    Is it just me or does Dartmoor look a bit "tame" compared with say Exmoor ?

No idea …. havent been to either 😥

allthepies
    Free Member

Sorry 🙂

I've ridden Exmoor loads and walked around Dartmoor (Princetown area) and Exmoor seems to knock Dartmoor into a cocked hat. I guess Dartmoor must have other more interesting areas though ?

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

I visited Dartmoor again yesterday, around Hound Tor. The descents either side of Grimspound were good as was the drop to the warren house. But it seems easier to find good stuff on Exmoor.

jam-bo

Western and princetown areas are pretty tame. The really fun stuff is hound tor, lustleigh and bovey Tracy way.

trailmonkey

Bellever Rock Garden

The Hobbit Run

Vitifer Tin Mine

A Bridge too Far

There's a few more on YouTube just search on Bike-Dartmoor.com

crispybacon
    Free Member

That Princetown loop is pretty tame just right for a SS with 1.3 CX tyres on 😉

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

crispy bacon – Member
    That Princetown loop is pretty tame just right for a SS with 1.3 CX tyres on

Thanks Crispy !!

ltheisinger
    Free Member

when are you planning to ride dartmoor? I might be able to help?

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Seriously Princtown is a cracking all weather easy loop and the descent down to Norsworthy bridge is ace but Bovey Tracey,Houndtor and lustleigh is were its at for dartmoor.

I am always up for some more route advice though, where is the "hobbit run" I recognise the others but not that one. Is it a bit cheeky?

jam-bo

Hobbit run is a BW from manaton to lustleigh I think.

Woody- you really need a better helmet cam, the quality of that footage is shocking….

stumpy_m4
    Free Member

ltheisinger – Member
    when are you planning to ride dartmoor? I might be able to help?

Not sure all depends on what other things the wifey and kids want to do while were away,all i know is it will be between sat 24th and sat 31st ..
    I`ll let them decide on what they want to do first and then i can plan my rides around that !
    sorry i cant be more specific
    but thanks anyway

Simonpieman
    Free Member

cue rustling of an OS Map….

Thanks. I thought I had done them all around there but maybe I need to explore a bit more.

I am planning a 2 day route for next month starting around manaton and trying to get home back to plymouth so will try and squeeze it in

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

(I followed a youtube link) Nutcracker looks superb! Is that in Lustleigh Cleeve? Got a grid ref for the start?

jam-bo

Starts just north-west of the church in manaton. Nothing to technical but a nice fast blast towards a bridge to far.

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Nutcracker is probably the best descent on Dartmoor IMO, great stuff

ltheisinger
    Free Member

No worries – myself & a buddy are planning to ride on the 24th/25th? Not entirely sure which one yet? But if you get stuck, give me a shout on here and we'll see what we can do….

Simonpieman
    Free Member

Thanks Jam bo

votchy
    Free Member

Woody – you or Tim doing the vocals on the tin mine soundtrack 😯

elbry
    Free Member

some good loops around north bovey,
    where abouts is Bellever Rock Garden?

yunki
    Free Member

near Bellever I reckon

jam-bo

i concur.

trailmonkey

(I followed a youtube link) Nutcracker looks superb! Is that in Lustleigh Cleeve? Got a grid ref for the start?

The only Nutcracker vid I can see in YouTube is in fact A Bridge Too Far, Nutcracker is the other side of the cleave.

yunki
    Free Member

The only Nutcracker vid I can see in YouTube is in fact A Bridge Too Far

Aaaahhh.. that makes me feel less confused..

Del

LOL! noted!
    nutcracker is actually named as such on a 1:25 IIRC. 😉

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Videos ..Lets see em …’ is closed to new replies.