Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Dartmoor trails.
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Hi all,

after a bit of local help. im down in devon and looking for a trail on dartmoor.

any locals able to point us in the right direction? we have serched the net but have not found any good links.

many thanks shaun.

trailmonkey

loads of gpx files. whereabouts are you and what sort of ride are you looking for ?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

we are over in woodbury. we are looking for xc leaning towards dh style riding. we can drive and have good local knowledge of woodbury common, we are just looking to try some where new.

thanks.

mail in profile if you dont mind sending the files over.

qwerty
    Free Member

what sort of ride are you looking for ?

Fast, lycra clad, moist but not sloppy, prefer rear end with full travel…. I’ll meet you in the layby, i’ll be wearing something slinky 😉

trailmonkey

1111 – ygm

qwerty – that’s about what i’d expect from a cx’er

Si
    Free Member

Trails are gash atm, wouldnt bother

eviljoe
    Free Member

Yup, was around Burrator yesterday- was all pretty ‘moist’

bigbloke
    Free Member

Sorry to hi-jack.

I want to head down that way in the summer for a weekend, no idea of trails. I prefer XC type stuff rather than techy DH leanings. Looking for a decent few hours out with a pit stop at a pub or two.

Any of the local riders able to send me some routes over to my email addy in profile. Also recommend where to base myself for ease of access etc.

Cheers.

trailmonkey

bibloke, bovey tracey is a good base for xc as it’s easy to access from the a38 and you can ride up to the plateau or the cleave from the front door.

princetown is another decent base but there’s only one day’s riding in the immediate area but you can access the east via bellever with a little road work.

i’ll ping you some mm files.

crispybacon
    Free Member

Bigbloke – ygm

Eviljoe – I was up Burrator way yesterday & stayed off the open ‘moor’ side to avoid the worst of it. We had a fun descent off the TV mast down to Princetown once it stopped being flat/boggy/peaty/muddy 😕

Si
    Free Member

*sniggers at TM dropping of the ‘g’

Shinythings
    Free Member

’tis a mudfest at the mo for sure. Came back black and caked yesterday, shan’t be doing that again for a while 🙁

Burchy1
    Free Member

Pretty wet today out in the open (plague, Peck farm climb) but down in the cleave it had held up pretty well just a bit greasy.

bigbloke
    Free Member

“Bibloke” lol.

Thanks for the emails you chaps have sent. Had a word with a couple of riding buds and looks like its on for the summer/warmer time of year.

Will look into the Plume of Feathers as camping seems to be favoured (tight wads).

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Hmm. This is not what I was hoping to hear. Planning a day ride down there at the end of Jan. I might leave it till the drier months.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its fine if you are able to pick drier trails – riding around the cleave ATM is good but rocks a little slippery 🙂

Shinythings
    Free Member

Bigbloke,
    I would wild camp adjacent to the Warren Inn if I were you. Better than the Princetown pubs with good parking and you’re on top of good trails.

Si
    Free Member

Yeah don’t go touching the brakes too hard down Ravens or Monkey Run atm thats fo sure.

You never know… end of jan it could be frozen solid…

eviljoe
    Free Member

Hiya Crispy- I passed quite a few bog monsters on bikes, apologies if I didn’t recognise you… had to laugh at the triatheletes practicing their transitions round Burrator, but at least they were keeping clean!

crispybacon
    Free Member

waves back @ Joe – you didn’t blank me mate cos we didn’t see another MTBer on our route.

Had to laugh at the walker who was wearing his Xmas trainers, he got onto the trail towards South Hessary Tor saw the puddle/mud on the trail & turned back cos he didn’t want to get his trainers dirty 😕

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor trails.’ is closed to new replies.