Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Dartmoor tomorrow, anyone?
  • trailmonkey

Anyone in the market for some Lustleigh Cleave type foolery tomorrow ?

yunki
    Free Member

Tuesdays..?
    Lustleigh..?

That’s standard procedure for me usually.. I’m not sure if I can get a pass though after yesterdays Dartmoor extravaganza with crispybacon.. I’ll run it past Mrs Y and let you know..
    what time were you planning..?

trailmonkey

don’t mind so long as it’s not too early o’clock, 10.30-11 ish or afternoon if it eases a pass for you.

carlphillips
    Free Member

chickenpox ridden kids means i’m unable to get out.

scraprider
    Free Member

I wish , bloody work blah blah blah, hope you have a good spin Out

yunki
    Free Member

I can do the afternoon.. got a couple of things on in the morning.. still got half a cake left from yesterday too.. 🙂

trailmonkey

how does yarner wood car park at 1.00 sound ? got a few bits and bobs you might not know.

yunki
    Free Member

okie dokie

trailmonkey

Excellent, see you there.

For anyone else that may be Cleave curious :

Car Park is here

bitemebryn
    Free Member

It’s worth trying to wangle a day off work just for another slice of Yunki’s cake….but alas it’s not going to happen.

Enjoy

julioflo
    Free Member

Unfortunately working all week, but would love to be shown some new trails over that way. Please post if you guys are getting together at the weekends!

Also, last Thursday night [night before royal wedding etc] I passed a big group of MTBer’s in Buckfastleigh, was that any of you lot? I don’t normally see many MTB riders in Buckfastleigh and wondered who they were!

trailmonkey

bump

final call

foxyrider
    Free Member

Working tomorrow – only live 2 miles away 🙁 Could do some in the evenings? 🙂 Rode there 1 week ago and was lovely and dry 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

thanks Trailmonkey..
    absolutely cracking day out today.. good company.. my legs are hanging off and I saw far more Cleavage than any decent and upright citizen should.. I nearly fell asleep in the carpark after you left..

I’ve spoken to the boss and she has made it clear that I’ve used up my allowance for this week.. although I will probably get to take yunki Jr out on the back of the bike for a spin round the explorer trail at Haldon on friday morning..

I’ll definitely be up for something next week though..

thanks again

trailmonkey

top day wasn’t it.

look forward to more next week 8)

yunki
    Free Member

It looks like I’ve got Monday free instead of Tuesday this week for more Dartmoor shenanigans..

can you do Monday Trailmonkey…?

Anyone else interested..?

yunki
    Free Member

burmp

RealMan
    Free Member

I’m interested. Would be getting a train to Newton Abbot then riding there, unless anyone can give me a lift from Exeter.

yunki
    Free Member

I’ll be riding up to the moor from Drum Bridges roundabout kind of area.. there’s a marked cycle route from the new Newton Abbot hospital to Drum Bridges.. I don’t know if you know it..?
    You have to pass that way to get to the moor..

RealMan
    Free Member

Ok, what time you thinking?

trailmonkey

can’t do monday yunki. been extra naughty and ridden both days this weekend so have to study monday, besides which, my legs are hanging off.

friday ?

yunki
    Free Member

realman.. I was thinking somewhere around 10 or 11 tomorrow.. any good..?

Trailmonkey.. I’ve just checked with the boss.. she’s got a big order this coming weekend so it’s all hands on deck.. I’m not gonna be free again now til next week..

trailmonkey

no worries, post up at the weekend and we can arrange a meet of the dartmoor gentlemen of leisure 😉

RealMan
    Free Member

Meet at Drumbridges roundabout about 10:30am then? Got an idea of distance/climbing/time/what tyres? 😀

yunki
    Free Member

Ok.. well.. I usually like to be home in time for my tea.. 🙂

we’ll climb a few thousand feet throughout the day.. in around Lustleigh will take at least a couple thousand in itself.. won’t be a great amount of distance covered.. maybe 30 – 35k..?

Tyres for rocks will be your best bet although the granite is very grippy.. knackered old nevegals for me..

RealMan
    Free Member

ygm

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor tomorrow, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.