Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • DARTMOOR riding
  • contrakid
    Free Member

Hi all, partners family have just moved in to Mary Tavy. Never ridden this area before and must say i loved it. We did or tried to do the Dartmoor Killer Loop starting at Hound Tor on the other side of Dartmoor. Loved the stuff around around Birch Tor and Hookney Tor, could not find the down at King Tor, think it must be gone! just wasted loads of energy looking for it. Too much of a road hike all the way over to North Bovey and Hunters Tor but really loved Nutcracker although crashed at botton.Think Lustleigh was also really good although somewhere round here we went up a long technical climb that would have made a great down only to go down some boring bridleway the other side. Didn’t have enough legs left to do Hound Tor.

So what i was wondering if anyone had any good loops around these areas that flow a bit better without all the road. Maybe smaller loops in some of these areas. Also if anyone has good loops around west dartmoor.

Weather was great and its a beautiful place really can’t wait to go back.

Thanks in advance

jam-bo

i live just down the road in tavistock. plenty of fun stuff within riding distance of mary tavy.

this was a week or so ago. picks up some of the fun descents off cox tor and passes within about 200yds of mary tavy.

https://www.strava.com/activities/603150121

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘DARTMOOR riding’ is closed to new replies.