Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • dartmoor please
  • hooja
    Free Member

bit of a strange request from a local but could do with a ride recomendation. My better half has just got her first proper bike and we are planning on popping over to dartmoor for the weekend.
    Could also do with a campsite recomendation, we normally dont bother with sites but want to have a comfy base for a couple of days.
    so… good route with plenty of variety (keep me happy too) and a mellow, pretty campsite near a good pub.
    im all ears

snaps
    Free Member

Camping, bunkhouse & epic BBQ's in the field behind this place http://www.smoothhound.co.uk/hotels/plume happens to be on a cracking 15 mile route as well.

simonralli2
    Free Member

It doesn't get much better than this loop here:

IMG_6109

Even I can ride it so your partner will be fine but there are lots of optional teccie bits too for you. The photos do not show all of the fab singletrack in the woods where I was having too much fun to photo. Maybe someobe will post a pic of the map for the route?

hooja
    Free Member

cheers gents,
    any maps or grid references would be good, just to get an idea, i can work out a route on the map from there.

snaps
    Free Member

Out the back of the pub, follow bridle way to the crossroads of bridleways, turn right & decend the widowmaker, ride around the lake & find the disused railway line that runs back up to princetown HERE

simonralli2
    Free Member

Well you park in Bovey Tracy for starters. Then head towards Haytor, then across Houndtor, then Manaton where there is a lot of great singletrack in the woods.

Here is are a couple of variations:

IMG_7910

IMG_7954

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘dartmoor please’ is closed to new replies.