• This topic has 9 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by bgd.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Dartmoor Inspiration Required Please
  • bgd
    Free Member

Living just north of Plymouth I can ride onto the moor easily so usually spend my time around the Burrator / Princetown area. Was going to head out in the morning and do the usual loop but fancy a change of scenery so looking for a bit of inspiration slightly further afield if anyone’s got any routes they could share. Only requirements are easyish to navigate, not a swamp fest (wishful thinking I know) and the less cow confrontations the better.

ontor
    Free Member

The east dartmoor loop is a classic.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Agree with ontor I rarely bother with anything else if I go up on the moor.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks, is that the MBR killer loop?

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Carl Philips and I are planning on meeting a mate for a day around east dartmoor on Tuesday the 20th. You’d welcome to join us.

Also, Rockin’ Bikes in Yelverton do regular rides from their shop. I expect they could sort you out with something closer to our way.

Slightly off-direction, but do you fancy some company for your Princetown & Burrator rides. Living in Saltash, I don’t ride Dartmoor anywhere near as much as I should.

bgd
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer but can’t do weekdays unfortunately. Have ridden with the Rockin Bikes guys a few times and plan on getting out with them more.

You’re welcome to join me, usually ride a couple of evenings a week and maybe one morning on a weekend.

carlphillips
    Free Member

Whereabouts do you live?

bgd
    Free Member

Me? I live in Tamerton Foliot

carlphillips
    Free Member

A few bits out your way too, around the lopwell estate and southway nature reserve.
    Bung rich or me your email and we can give you a shout if we’re going out.

bgd
    Free Member

Cheers guys. Email is bod555 at AOL.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Inspiration Required Please’ is closed to new replies.