• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by poah.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dartmoor Hornet
  • deviant
    Free Member

Well bought it, the old Ragley was getting tatty (if anyone wants it it’ll be available shortly with BB and headset installed for around £100…takes a tapered steerer too.

Anyway, measured the Hornet against the Ragley today and despite both being 16 inch models the top tube on the Dartmoor is about an inch longer, progress I guess!?

Any owners on here? I know it’s going to be a harsh ride, the stays are monstrous but it’s lighter than any steel HT I’ve had in the past, it’ll be running a 140mm fork and Shimano running gear.
    It takes both 650b and 26 wheels, I’ll be going with 26s to keep the bike low at the moment, it is my main uplift bike, always produces witty comments in the minibus when everyone is loading their DH sleds and I’m strapping down a HT.

Humor me with some photos and mini reviews please while I cant wait to get started on the build!

BFITH
    Free Member

Not a hornet but nearly. Was going to get a hornet but deciced on a primal instead. Built it from bits from my old FS whilst I was waiting for my Capra to arrive. Great little bike. Took it to Antur and it coped fairly well (until I broke my collar bone!). If I ever get the axle I’m waiting for from superstar, I may use it again this winter.

psycorp
    Free Member

As above, not a Hornet but I got a Primal Plus a few months ago. First frame came with a damaged headtube but was quickly replaced by Slam69.

I’m impressed with it. Well built, sorted geo and comfy to ride. I’d buy another in a heartbeat.

Hornets get great reviews and have quite a loyal following so I’m sure you’ll get on fine with it.

adds

Ive just got my self a Primal (2016) looks nice in its half built state so far. They seem great bikes for the price etc. Just trying to decide if I need XT or SLX 1 x 11?

Probably going 30t upfront and 11 -42 on back as I like climbing but live in a flat part of the world (Selby way).

Any recommendations

poah
    Free Member

here is my hornet – ignore the cable lengths

brilliant bike, paid £160 for it from hibike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor Hornet’ is closed to new replies.