Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dartmoor bivvi-8th Dec, anyone interested?
  • instanthit
    Free Member

Looking at a bivvi at Red Lake next Sat, ride up via the track late afternoon. Weather is looking nice and cold so has potential for a nice clear night. Anyone interested in joining up?

slugwash
    Free Member

Hmmm, got a party to go to in Totnes that night but could do Friday if that’s any help.

BTW, the track’s probably very wet at the moment (i.e. flooded for much of the last kilometre, but I could be wrong)

instanthit
    Free Member

Can’t do Friday as I’m partying.
    Was hoping the cold weather might freeze it all up a bit, haven’t had a dry bivvy all year so far, will be nice to see the stars.

OCB
    Free Member

Ok, I know it *was* a month ago, and granted, it had been raining a fair bit then 😕 but significant stretches of the trackway were pretty much a streambed when I rode up there then, and I dunno that it’ll be that much drier now – the Erme (just above Ivybridge) was looking pretty plump a couple of days ago, so there is clearly still some water coming out of the hills.

The trackway just up above Leftlake was about the wettest bit …

… but all it means is packing some extra socks in your bag for a [dry-feet] treat when you get up there.

😀

ontor
    Free Member

@slugwash – you’re not wrong…

ontor
    Free Member

@slugwash – you’re not wrong…

instanthit
    Free Member

Bump for nearer the date, any takers?
    might go somewhere with less water looking at the photo of the track.

darbeze
    Free Member

Tried my first bivvi near Hound Tor last Sunday night. Cold and wet but really enjoyed it…

Lots of familiar tracks looking very washed out in places. Sure has been a lot of water around up there.

Looking to go again soon though not this weekend…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor bivvi-8th Dec, anyone interested?’ is closed to new replies.