Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Dartmoor – Any good routes from Buckfastleigh?
  • julioflo
    Free Member

Anyone know of any?
    I have the 'out to Dr.Blackalls, back via Hembury woods' sorted with variations, but wondering if there are any good routes up towards Pupers Hill, then over towards Venford reservior [that bit of moor west of Buckfastleigh/Scorriton basically] or even in Kings Woods?
    Also I have heard rumours there used to be DH trails in Kings Woods many years ago. Are they still there?

julioflo
    Free Member

Any Dartmoorers out there?

thegerminator
    Free Member

Up from buggersleigh to cross furzes
    to ludgate onto moor descent to chalk
    ford then to scorriton.Then do dr b's
    and back via hembury woods that should
    stretch the legs.

Shinythings
    Free Member

The usual suspects/chumps/ Ne'er-do-wells are all away apart from me whingeing about my recently snapped arm…..

You're close to one of the latest 'in' areas. Vennford, Badgers, Brimpts, Holne etc. Some superb loops developing.

Probably be starting from Holne this morn on a Billy no mates to check out a link route. Holne Tea room is tops.

julioflo
    Free Member

Thanks Shinythings.
    Would be good to explore some of these new loops, usually head out from BFL couple of times a week with a mate of mine who lives in BFL also, but just get suckered into riding Dr B and Hembury all the time!
    Missed you this am, we headed east and rode Lustleigh Cleave, over to Grimspound, Hound Tor etc.
    Let me know if/when you are heading out, we'll join you if we can. Emails in profile.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Dartmoor – Any good routes from Buckfastleigh?’ is closed to new replies.