• This topic has 19 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mboy.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Darth Vader's Chariot
  • mboy
    Free Member

Is here…

I gave up waiting for an Orange to come in stock, and to be honest, I’m happy enough with the black… 8)

bikeneil
    Free Member

Holy pivots Batman!

TiRed

That is lovely. Good choice. Will match the mask.

Salt and corrosion. The infamous old enemies of the crime fighter”

matt_outandabout

Will you look at that, the Force moved the saddle between shots….

stevedoc
    Free Member

looks like a two wheeled SR71 …me likes

Gotama
    Free Member

Looks good, bet it rides nicely and they’ve got the issues behind them.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Way too much colour on that 😉

mboy
    Free Member

Will you look at that, the Force moved the saddle between shots….

It made the sun go in too! 8)

Way too much colour on that

Quite… May desticker the DT 240’s and the XX1 cranks yet (or replace with something blacker)… 😛

Looks good, bet it rides nicely and they’ve got the issues behind them.

Here’s hoping!

RobHilton
    Free Member

Get your magic marker out on the tyre logos too – once they’re bit grimy only close inspection reveals what you’ve done 🙂

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Hubbahubba, Darth vaders your daddy

garage-dweller

Hope your breathing is better than Darth Vader’s.

That’s darker than the deepest recesses of the cupboard under the stairs

Darth Vader’s your daddy

The op is princess leia?

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

Or perhaps beauty and the beast, and I’m sure which one the beauty will
    Be 😉

mudsoul
    Free Member

That looks lovely. What rims are those mboy?

Northwind

The stealth’s the nicer colour for that frame imo, the bright colours make the area above the bb look fat.

bearnecessities

Needs a purple seat collar.

Nice though, glad you’ve got it eventually!

roverpig

I don’t like black mountain bikes. Black is just one end of a greyscale and bikes for messing around on shouldn’t be grey. But I’ve got to admit that looks good. Personally I’d have gone for the orange, but Northwind’s right, the black does make the BB area look a bit less cluttered. More importantly, how does it ride?

z1ppy

He out on it (or soon will be).. Awaiting his Strava post.. With the proviso that this is a 1st ride, so fettling will need to be done.
    My thinking was that , as much as I love black, i couldn’t resist a colour called “don’t shoot me orange” :mrgreen:

mboy
    Free Member

That looks lovely. What rims are those mboy?

LB 30mm external, 24mm internal. In hindsight might have ordered the 35mm version.

neil853
    Free Member

I like that a lot, what travel are the forks? Is it 120mm travel rear?

mboy
    Free Member

He out on it (or soon will be).. Awaiting his Strava post.. With the proviso that this is a 1st ride, so fettling will need to be done.
    My thinking was that , as much as I love black, i couldn’t resist a colour called “don’t shoot me orange”

Just got back from a 5hr session (yes really, got a little carried away!) in the Wyre Forest on it. Will upload Strava shortly.

Tried to do enough fettling last night before I rode it, guy on MTBR forums that is 3kg heavier than me said he runs 240psi in the shock, so pumped it to 220 in mine and rode… Set the fork up reasonably accurately last night too. Just a click or two here and there on the rebound adjusters whilst riding was about all I did, may have bottomed the rear out once though, going to check in a short while where the O ring is and if so, will add a bit more air.

As for the colour, was gutted about not getting an Orange originally, but now I’m not bothered. It looks so cool in black to be fair, and more importantly there’s the way it rides…

Ok only one ride in so far, and emperors new clothes and all but… This thing is a game changer! I’ve ridden good 29ers, bad 29ers, good bikes of all wheel sizes (and bad ones), good suspension designs (and bad ones), and… Straight from the off this felt like I’d been riding it for years. It’s so cliched but it’s true! When I get a new bike I like to ride it on very familiar trails for the first few rides, to find any foibles and particular traits. This bike just felt like a combination of all my favourite bikes I’ve ever owned or ridden!

Will write a more detailed analysis tomorrow after I’ve ridden it again maybe, but for now, do believe the hype! Also should mention that I was worried that with a 140mm fork and the linkage in the low position, it may feel too laid back and slack. I measured the HA at 66 degrees on the nose yesterday, but it never felt wandery on the climbs, and on the descents it gave me such incredible confidence I was staggered!

Thoroughly happy bunny right now!!! 😀

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Darth Vader's Chariot’ is closed to new replies.