Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Darn it!
  • DrDomRob
    Free Member

So….

Bought a carbon 456, finished the build on Tuesday.

Booked a ski holiday in Les Arcs for my mates stag do, leaving on Saturday.

Supposed to be going skiing with my missus 2 weeks on saturday.

And then I hit the dry ski slope in Warmwell, literally. 1 broken Ulna, 2 cancelled ski trips and a brand spanking new bike a can’t ride until the end of next month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGH!!!!!!

GHill

Ouch. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I’m gutted….

Oh well, it could have been a lot worse. Get to spend time helping my mates fix their bikes now 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Hicksy
    Free Member

That’s just not fair. Get well soon. What’s an Ulna?

DrDomRob
    Free Member

It is rubbish!

Ulna

Still, get to spend other peoples money in the meantime (see my other topic)

Also got plenty to do for work to keep me occupied, was a bit controversial taking the time off when I was!

Hicksy
    Free Member

Oh, I think I broke that one a couple of years ago. I found walking round my normal riding patches looking for new trails stopped me from climbing the walls too much. It’s amazing what you miss whilst scooting along on a bike!

Anyway I’ve heard skiing is rubbish and that you should always let a carbon frame “settle” for a month after building it up before riding it 😉

DrDomRob
    Free Member

Luckily I have 3 dogs at my disposal so will be taking them for more walks than normal now! Will also look out for future trails during the walks.

Dom

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Darn it!’ is closed to new replies.