Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Darkside: trick sub £500 factory wheels
  • firestarter
    Free Member

the reason i was thinking of getting rid of mine was i had a quote on a re rim from a shop for 170 quid so figured if i sell them now they are still worth something, trouble is finding something nice handbuilt for 300 quid which is my new budget (no doubt there is lots about for that money to be fair lol)

pk-ripper
    Free Member

sq225917 – Member
    Laughing my ass off at the Kysirium haters. Have you ridden a pair for a few seasons? Nope didn’t think so.

Don’t need to – I have Eastons which I have had for nearly 2 years now, with no concern over the strength, durability and longevity of bearings. And they were cheaper and lighter.

No brainer to me.

mugsys_m8

I’ve got a pair of the Hope built wheels. DT rim on a PROII hub. Seemed a good compromise between handbuilt and factory in terms of price, serviceability and ease of initial purchase (needed them in a rush)

Not very keen on the finish on the rim though, it looks a bit like hammerite, and is very difficult to clean. BAre alloy would be a lot easier.

Seem a nice strong wheel, which was important as my only wheelset for commuting, sportives, peak district club rides etc through the year.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Darkside: trick sub £500 factory wheels’ is closed to new replies.