Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Darkside : Rotor Q-Rings : Biopace revisited?
  • woffle
    Free Member

Anyone have any experience of the Rotor q-rings? Was looking at the Cervelo website and it looks like some / all of their team have been using them. They're not exactly cheap at £100 odd but supposedly good for knees which, given mine are already starting to creak somewhat alarmingly, I am tempted to give them a go. Performance improvements I'm not so fussed about…

link here

But didn't Shimano try this with Biopace which was pretty much universally panned in the end….

traildog
    Free Member

Biopace had the oval in a different place, so they are actually quite different from that. I'm tempted to give them a try, but they are a bit expensive.

Shred
    Free Member

They are the opposite of biopace. Biopace had the large section of the cog at the top and bottom of the stroke, while rotor has the large section during the up/down section. This makes it easier to get over the top and bottom of the stroke and then it ramps up during the power section of the stroke.

I never understood how Biopace was supposed to work by making it harder at the top and bottom.

I run them on my mtb and road bike. I can't really say if they make me any faster, but I do like them.

schmiken

Waiting for one to come for my SS. I tried it on a friends bike (you don't need a tensioner btw!) adn it just felt like I was on top of the gear all the time, especially in the mud. Would convert the geared bikes too, but I think I'll wait until I've worn out my rings first!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Darkside : Rotor Q-Rings : Biopace revisited?’ is closed to new replies.