Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Darkside Question – Circumference of the Snowdon Massif
  • brooess
    Free Member

For years I’ve had a hankering to ride up the Llanberis Pass and I’m feeling reasonably fit at the moment so planning on doing it next weekend if the weather’s good.

Looking at the route, and from what I know of the area, if I start at the Pen Y Gwryd and drop down the A498 to Beddgelert, take a right there up the A4085 to Waunfawr until I hit the A4086 and back up the Pass from there, that looks like a tidy route – 30-35 miles and the main uphill seems to be the Pass at the end. Clearly it won’t be easy but have I missed anything?

I rode a 52 miler today in just over 3 hours round London to Twickenham (obviously a lot flatter) Anyone got a view how easy/hard I’m going to find this?

Ta

samuri
    Free Member

no idea but I quite like the sound of doing this too. Let me know if you go for it. Pretty hard is my guess. Depends how used you are to doing hills. 17mph average on flat is reasonable over 50 miles (I will average around 20mph over that distance on flattish terrain.) I’d probably want to extend the ride a bit to get the mileage up for a day ride

samuri
    Free Member

looking at it, I’d probably want to start in Caernarfon, do the big climb straight away and then do part of your route but then right out into the peninsula (say to Pwillheli) to make a big assed day ride of it. mapmyride reckons 2000ft of climbing but that doesn’t sound right at all to me.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Darkside Question – Circumference of the Snowdon Massif’ is closed to new replies.