Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Darkside: Planet X SL Pro Carbon owners – sizing help.
  • dickie
    Free Member

My other half rides a small Litespeed which is to small for her. Its size small & has a layback seat post with the saddle all the way back & a 100mm stem. Geometry table states 518mm effective top tube.
    (She also rides a medium SC Superlight with layback post & 100mm stem)

I'm on the lookout for a used Planet X SL Pro carbon bike or frameset for her but can't decide if a medium or small is the right size. From the Planet X site she's at the top end of a small but I can't help think that a medium with an in line post might be better. She's 5'7".
    Her current set-up is with the centre of bars to nose of saddle measuring 500mm.
    Anyone offer any help or tell me what their mediums measure from saddle nose to centre of bars?

oldgit
    Free Member

If it helps I ride a small and I'm 5'8" Lots of post and a 110 stem. And I would say that normally that would be considered too small, but I like to be over the front of my frames and generally overpower it. If there was no racing involved I'd have gone medium.

radoggair
    Free Member

i ride a small pro SL with 110mm stem and long seatpost. I'm 5ft 7 as well and on reflection would rather of went for a medium. Not only do you only get 1 set of bottle bosses on the small compared to 2 on the medium but i think i would of rather had the slightly larger front end.

I would 'suggest' a medium at that height TBH, although i generally think a small frame looks better i think i would prefer that comfier and slightly larger front end of a medium

Hope this helps

dickie
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies – I'll keep an eye out for a medium.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Darkside: Planet X SL Pro Carbon owners – sizing help.’ is closed to new replies.