Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • darkside front mech/shifter Q
  • soobalias
    Free Member

Mate of mine, wink wink, has bought a cheap road bike – vitus Alios from CRC.
    the shifters are apparently campag xenon 9, and its a struggle to get it set up nicely.

it seems that there are about 6 or 7 clicks of the shifter (up) as opposed to the 2 i would expect and dropping back down, to granny, its a triple, is an all or nothing affair.

Its almost like an old friction shifter, is this right or has he done something wierd when putting it togther.

Still this morning ive been reminded why ive gone to double and bash on both my bikes, and my only road capable bike is SS.

MrSmith
    Free Member

set the stops up correctly and all should work fine. tension the chain when you do as doing so will probably rub when a slacker chain will not.
    never used a triple but with a double the other positions are used to ‘trim’ the mech, if you shift up to the big ring and are in the middle of the block the extra shift is for when you are in the biggest gear (smallest cog)and moves the front mech a little bit further out.

if in doubt read the instructions 🙂

soobalias
    Free Member

thanks mrsmith, i thought it might be for trimmage.

sent him away with flea in the ear, after he announced it did come with a little manual thingy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘darkside front mech/shifter Q’ is closed to new replies.