Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Darkside content; I make no apologies!
  • MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

No Problem.

The fit will take into account all injuries and flexibility and will be adjusted to suit you. It doesn’t tell you what position you should be riding in, but with the help of the motion sensors and rider feedback the bike can be adjusted to suit. I’m sure once your bike feels right the confidence will come back.

The TT’s that I’ve entered have been good albeit very hard. Generally finishing in top 10 of my club. The TT bike is a winter project and will be rolled out for next season.

Haven’t been on the mountain bike for months and even considered selling it but changed my mind, it’s just a dust catcher at the moment. Needs some C_G rides so I can ride it again!! 😉

The wessex cross season starts on Saturday so that will be my focus for the next 3-4 months, then a little rest and back into training for next season’s road and TT. 😀

Mister-P
    Free Member

Darkside is used by folk who wish to make themselves look a bit edgy and cool despite buying a road bike. It rarely works.

MSP

I am interested in getting one of those retul bike fits.

Is there any kind of guidelines for taking the measurements from one discipline over to another?

I have road, triathlon and mountain bikes to set up, I don’t fancy paying for all three, I guess the road bike would be the most telling, I think for me crank length, saddle position and cleat position would stay the same for all three.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I think for me crank length, saddle position and cleat position would stay the same for all three.

Don’t be too sure. I went in thinking all I needed was possibly a 10mm longer stem. It went shorter though crank stayed the same. Cleats and saddle position changed too.

From my experience with it, it started with an in depth chat about injuries, type of riding and goals and then exercises to see how flexible you are. Because I competed, my fit was all about getting the best position for power and efficiency. From my original position I was getting a lot of vertical movement form my hips and flat spots at the bottom of my pedal stroke thus not maximising my output. I also had a low back angle of 37° which was restricting my breathing. By increasing saddle height, shortening stem and raising it slightly, it increased my back angle to 40° on the hoods. By doing this I have found instant results in speed and consistent power, especially when climbing.

Once done you come way with a date sheet showing all the geometric dimensions you need to adjust other bikes. The key dimensions for me being stack and reach. From there I can set up my bikes accordingly. Not sure if they transfer to mountain bikes (can’t see any reason why not though) but they can be used for a TT position because when down of the rests my back angle decreases by approximately 10° putting me in a good aero position. I also set up my cx bike with this set up to.

Money well spent in my opinion. It cost me £135 for the fit as he know’s the club I ride for so I got 10% discount. 😀

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Darkside content; I make no apologies!’ is closed to new replies.