Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Darkside: Brake levers for flat-bar on a road bike
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

I'm having a bit of trouble with my right hand after going over the bars a few months back and landing on it. It seems to be getting aggravated by riding on the drops of my Midge bars, so going to try flat bars and bar-ends for a while.
    What sort of brake levers do I need for non-V-brakes ("side-pull"?)? Any recomendations for something cheap and cheerful?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just a thought – would BMX levers work?

Innes
    Free Member

I use my old cantiliver Mountain Bike levers, Dia Comp PC7's. BMX levers would be fine if they are for cantilever brakes.

supersessions9-2
    Free Member

Own up IR_bandito, what's the real reason you're having trouble with your right hand! 😉

Brother_Will
    Free Member

There are specific levers for bars dia comp among others do them but you could use avid speed dial levers as i have before and simply adjust the leverage point.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I use CX suicide levers and they work just fine, have also used Speed dials before

JoeNation
    Free Member

Shimano do an ok lever, R440 or something. Paul Comp do a lovely one for about £6,000 probably 🙂 I'd say Shimano if you want 3/4 fingers, Avid if you want 2/2.5 fingers.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Darkside: Brake levers for flat-bar on a road bike’ is closed to new replies.