Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Dark side question – Shimano cassette on Campag wheels
  • Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Looking at the possibility of building my first road bike and seen a good price on a pair of campag wheels and wondered if they take a shimano cassette.

I have had a look and only found info about the cog spacing and that they are different. If I run a Shimano cassette it will be with Shimano shifters and drive train so that side of the spacing / shifting shouldn’t be an issue just whether a shimano cassette will fit on the wheel??

Thanks

simondbarnes

wondered if they take a shimano cassette

They won’t.

crazy-legs

But you can buy some Campag wheels with a Shimano pattern freehub (in the same way you can buy Mavic wheels with either Shimano or Campag freehubs).

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

Thanks, think I’ll re-consider my options as I don’t think they take Shimano cassettes!!

njee20
    Free Member

No but as Crazy-Legs says you can swap an ED10 (Campag) freehub body for an M10 (Shimano) one on all decent Campag wheels.

aP
    Free Member

You can replace the freehub or buy shimano spacers

iamtheresurrection

Check out Ambrosio cassettes. They make Campag spaced cassette with Shimano freehub patterns, and I’m pretty sure vice verse. Not massively expensive like the Wheels Manufacturing ones either – £35ish from memory…

mormondroid
    Free Member

as per the stone roses fan above – i’m pretty sure Mavic make a cassette that can do this too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Dark side question – Shimano cassette on Campag wheels’ is closed to new replies.